My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » The Lounge

RAI 1,2 & 3 causing blanking on old F1 VACI

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

krell

Hi guys,

Have had an old F1 VACI (non-superset) running for about 12 years now. No real problems apart from FTA RAI on Hotbird (11.766 GHz Vertical 27500 2/3) blanking out intermittently for a couple of seconds at a time. Only RAI 1,2 & 3 are affected by this. Interestingly, RAI Scuola & Senato on the same transponder are unaffected, nor is any other channel. Have tested on completely different dish setup and the fault is identical. Can only assume RAI has introduced something on the signal confusing the embedded Viaccess circuitry. I have discovered that a friend's F1 VA behaves in the same way.

Now, before you all tell me to go out and buy a new one, is there any possible way to disable/switch off/bypass the Viaccess circuit to prove it is this causing the problem? I do not know of any hidden/secret menus, or maybe a cut track or link could help?

Again, I know it is a very old receiver relatively speaking, but it works well otherwise and is simple to use. The PSU is built like a tank

Any help/suggestions appreciated. I do have a hammer ready BTW

| Thu 12 May 2011 16:16:52 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

From info just received....there is no way to switch off Viaccess I'm told, so it looks like it is time to use the hammer unfortunately.

| Fri 13 May 2011 10:55:32 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.