My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Raydon installed but I'm lost!

(13 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

cerclebois

special member

Having installed Raydon's bundle, and shortly intending to buy a Freetime PVR I am completely at sea, how to reach the apps, especially the one to permit transfer of files and folders to the new machine, By any chance is there a guide for complete idiots. The ReadMe in its later pages I cannot get my head round.

| Tue 26 Jul 2016 22:29:15 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Your options depend on which apps you installed.
    The Samba app is the easiest route which enables you to map the Foxsat as a windows network drive on your pc.
    FTP is another option but this requires you to install a FTP client on your PC.

I would suggest you leave the files on the PC where they can be accessed from the freetime unit.

| Wed 27 Jul 2016 7:05:35 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

cerclebois

special member

Now I'm even more confused. After I had dealt with upgrade.hdf, I went here

and downloaded as per radio button. I thought that installation had been made to the Foxsat, as I could see nothing in my computer download folder. If it's not there, where is it. I never had an option to download the full web interface to the computer and now all I get on pressing the radio button is a 404.

I'm wishing I had never started. I'm a simple non techie near octogenarian, and things seem to bring made very hard.

Attachments

1. hummy_page.gif (40.6 KB, 5 downloads) 7 years old
    | Wed 27 Jul 2016 10:47:19 #3 |
  4. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin

special member

OK, from your screenshot you have installed the custom firmware into flash memory by installing the hdf file. When you clicked on the 'Download and install the full interface button' it will have installed the extra files needed to make the custom firmware work on the Foxsat's own internal hard drive, as long as the Foxsat was connected to the internet. From the address bar, the Foxsat is connected to your network and has an IP address of 192.168.1.104. If you navigate to 192.168.1.104 in the browser on your computer, what do you get? You should now see various icons and options available (webif landing page). To copy your recordings (standard definition only) you will need to install the samba package which will make your recordings folder browsable from your PC (network) and allow you to copy them over. You will need to do a bit of reading to figure out how to do this. There is a Foxsat HDR forum at Hummy.tv. I think that raydon posts mostly on AVforums so that is probably the best place to read up on the Foxsat HDR custom firmware.

| Wed 27 Jul 2016 11:49:26 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

cerclebois

special member

I turned on the Foxsat and it came up after boot with the custome firmaware, then tuned itself to a channel.

The page reached on 192.168.1.104 was the selfsame one as in my OP screenshot. Have I perhaps erred in having the leads from the dish still connected?

| Wed 27 Jul 2016 13:31:36 #5 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Go to that address again and then try refreshing/reloading your browser. Pressing F5 on most browsers does this.

| Wed 27 Jul 2016 14:20:01 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Clear your browser cache. For future reference look up how to reload a webpage when you open it rather than use the cached version.

Instructions for Internet Explorer

Select Tools >> Internet Options.
    Click the Settings button in Browsing History.
    Select the Every time I visit the webpage radio button.
    Click OK to close the Settings dialog.
    Click OK to close the Internet Options dialog.

| Wed 27 Jul 2016 14:34:14 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

cerclebois

special member

I'll try finding Chrome's equivalent instructions!
    The refresh worked and I now have the correct page.
    I still cannot work out, what app I'll need and fow to use it to transfer my files out of the Foxsat to new box.

Another idiot's guide needed.

| Wed 27 Jul 2016 16:17:23 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Click on the package management icon. You have 3 tabs - Installed Available Upgrades. If Samba doesn't appear in installed click on Available and install it. Reboot the Foxsat.

Next step map the Foxsat-hdr as a windows drive in Windows Explorer. Don't know what version of windows you are using (Google is your friend).

http://www.it.cornell.edu/services/guides/computer/howto/map_win7.cfm

Once you have done this the Foxsat drive will appear in windows explorer.

You can then copy files between drives like any other drive on your computer (drag and drop or copy and paste). A recording consists of 3 files (xxx.ts (the video and audio and the only file you need to play back on other kit like your computer), xxx.htm and xxx.nts).

To use on other kit only SD files will work, HD files will only play back on the Foxsat that recorded it. For HD files see the AV forums thread. To play back on other kit with DLNA clients without needing to copy them (Like the Humax Freetime boxes and many others - Smart Tv's, Phones tablets etc) you need to install a DLNA server package (Twonky4 works for me).

Attachments

1. FoxsatVideoFolder.jpg (280.1 KB, 4 downloads) 7 years old
    | Wed 27 Jul 2016 17:31:37 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

cerclebois

special member

Windows to is the answer about system I'm using. The rest I'll have to read slowly! Laugh.

| Wed 27 Jul 2016 17:49:56 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.