My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Raydon Software and OS X yosemite

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

aimdev

Hi

Just a heads up, just tried to access the Foxsat via Finder using OS X Yosemite, and I get the following message...
    The was a problem connecting to the server "foxsat-hdr"
    The version of the server you are tryig to connect to is not supported. Please contact your system administrator to resolve the problem.

Works ok on Snow Leopard, so its down to Apple.

Aimee

| Sun 6 Sep 2015 15:02:31 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Apple as usual.
    You may get some help if you post on AV forums where the custom firmware is supported. Raydon does visit here, however there have been past posts there concerning Apple and shared network folders.

| Sun 6 Sep 2015 17:42:40 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

aimdev

Hi

Thanks for the reply, which avforums are we talking about?

Thanks
    Aimee

| Sun 6 Sep 2015 17:44:40 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I guess the one you got the software from originally (avforums.com)

Try this thread.
    https://www.avforums.com/threads/media-file-server-bundle-for-the-foxsat-hdr-release-4-part-5.1829374/

Edit: Should this not be in Foxsat-HDR? (admin edit - moved)

| Sun 6 Sep 2015 17:57:08 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

raydon

special member

I don't own a MAC but you can try this solution, which has been known to work with earlier versions of OSX.

| Sun 6 Sep 2015 20:09:44 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

aimdev

Hi

Thanks for the reply, however the command refered to in the Apple article is invalid in the version Yosemite.
    For me its not a big problem as I have an alternative, an old SnowLeopard system, which works.

The main reason for the post, on the wrong borard for which I apologize was to bring the issue to your attention.

Samba and also AFP compatibility appears to be an ongoing and frankly annoying issue between vendors,
    it seems we have to revert to the stoneage and use ftp (or perhaps kermit!!!).

Please keep up the good work, and btw av2hdr v 1.4 still works on Yosemite, though slow in activation, what it written in?

Thanks again

Aimee

| Sun 6 Sep 2015 21:53:41 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

raydon

special member

aimdev - 15 hours ago  » 
    The main reason for the post, on the wrong board for which I apologize was to bring the issue to your attention.
    Samba and also AFP compatibility appears to be an ongoing and frankly annoying issue between vendors,
    it seems we have to revert to the stoneage and use ftp (or perhaps kermit!!!).
    Please keep up the good work, and btw av2hdr v 1.4 still works on Yosemite, though slow in activation, what it written in?
    Thanks again
    Aimee

I am aware of the Apple MAC/Samba compatability issue with later MAC OS's, but that is purely down to Apple, not me. There is not a thing I can do about it.
    The version of Samba running on the Foxsat is 2.2.12. That is the last of the version 2 series. After that Samba became bloatware with a massive increase in source code size, and it was found impossible to compile it with the uclibc libs used on the Foxsat's mips platform.

AV2HDR is a Windows .NET framework application written using Visual C#. It only runs on a MAC because the MAC uses MONO with Winform libs in order to run .NET applications.

| Mon 7 Sep 2015 13:28:45 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.