My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Raydon's Firmware - a couple of problems

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

CaptainWibble

Thanks to Raydon for all the effort that must have been involved in writing this custom firmware. It's all very slick and professional and completes an already good machine.

I’m using 4.0.8 of the media server bundle and have encountered a couple of problems that I can’t find the answers to on the forum.

1)When copying files onto the HDR using Samba the new files don’t appear in the HDR’s GUI. If a directory and files are copied across then the directory will also not be visible. I found a couple of posts a while back mentioning something similar happening if you move files around using Samba. The missing items are visible in the web interface. If I go in via the web interface and rename them the files and the folder magically appear on the HDR. There must be something that the web interface is updating or triggering that is not being done through Samba.

2)When renaming media items using the web interface, the web server regularly stops working, requiring a reboot (switch to and from standby via the remote) of the HDR before I can reconnect. It will often crash when displaying the dialog box (I get just one edit box) or when refreshing the file list after a rename.

| Wed 19 Dec 2012 10:39:14 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi welcome to the forum. Latest version is 4.0.9.

The .hmt sidecar file contains the path to the .ts file, this is incorrect if you just copy the files. Renaming corrects the .hmt file. Transferring using FTP from AV2HDR auto corrects the file.

At a guess the other problem is related to Mongoose crashing. There is a package that will auto restart it for you. You can also restart it using telnet.

| Wed 19 Dec 2012 10:51:52 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

CaptainWibble

Thanks for the welcome and the speedy response.

I've upgraded the package list and installed the Mongoose monitor service. That should hopefully kick it back to life when it falls over. It's going to be a little while before I get a chance to look at it again.

It's strange that the HDR stores the whole path in the .hmt file. It must rewrite it every time the recording is moved around the hard disk or copied to/from a USB drive. I don't see any benefit in storing the entire path, especially as the three files seem to be always together.

I've just ordered a 1TB hard disk, so it's handy to know that I should [in theory] be able to copy everything off and put it back when I've finished. Looking forward to not having a machine that is constanly 85%-95% full (until we fill it up again!).

I missed the firmware update. I'll upgrade to the latest version after the Christmas period, when the machine isn't committed to recording all of the stuff that's on over Christmas.

Once again, thanks for your help.

| Thu 20 Dec 2012 10:01:38 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.