My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Raydons firmware. Web browser not working

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

barrykap

I have two Foxsat HDR's one with 1TB and one with 320GB drive.

I installed the latest version 4 Raydons firmware on my 1TB model a while ago and it's all been fine, including the full web browser.

I have just upgraded the 320GB model with raydons firmware and can get to the basic browser front page, but after trying to install the full web browser it seemed to install OK but fails to open the full browser. I still get the basic screen showing from the IP address. It does not show the full (installed) web browser screen.

So I click on the 'install full web browser' button again and it just shows error 404 file not found. and the address pasted in above is my IP address then '/install.cgi'

Would a full re-install of the firmware from scratch maybe solve it? I am not sure if re-installing would do any harm so will wait for advice please.

Thanks

Barry

| Thu 13 Dec 2012 15:15:48 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Barry,
    How are you addressing the 320gb Foxsat - By IP?
    Firstly alter the settings on the 1TB and assign a different host name (You CANNOT have two hosts on your network with the same name).

Now, (Making sure you have the correct IP address) use the browser to access the 320gb Foxsat. If you see the install the full web interface again, Then use the Refresh/Reload button/commmand to force a page reload (You may be getting a cached copy).

Any problem please post full browser details as this should not happen on any html5 aware browser.

| Thu 13 Dec 2012 16:16:09 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

barrykap

Hi Repassac.

There is no problem with IP confliction. I have then on diffrent IP addresses and can access both machines OK. It's just the full web browser app on the 320GB that seemingly hasn't been installed correctly on the 320GB model as the original basic front page comes up OK and I can in fact use the file access button at the top. But if I try the re-install the full web browser from that front page I get the file error 404 (install.cgi')

Checking the root folder there is no install.cgi. I thought re-installing the firmware might bring this back to do a new install of the web browser? I have refreshed the page a few times and get same results.

Cheers

| Thu 13 Dec 2012 20:42:59 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

barrykap - 2 hours ago  » 
    Hi Repassac.
    There is no problem with IP confliction. I have then on diffrent IP addresses and can access both machines OK. It's just the full web browser app on the 320GB that seemingly hasn't been installed correctly on the 320GB model as the original basic front page comes up OK and I can in fact use the file access button at the top. But if I try the re-install the full web browser from that front page I get the file error 404 (install.cgi')
    Checking the root folder there is no install.cgi. I thought re-installing the firmware might bring this back to do a new install of the web browser? I have refreshed the page a few times and get same results.
    Cheers

A reinstall checks for the existance of an install - so no amount of reinstalls will change that. Try with the other HDR power down and reboot all after.

| Thu 13 Dec 2012 22:52:57 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

barrykap

Sorry bit confused about that.

I thought a reinstall would 're-instate' the 'install.cgi' which seems to be missing.

Anyway, I have not been able to try it further so will spend an hour or two later today trying things out and report back.

Cheers.

| Fri 14 Dec 2012 9:28:56 #5 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

barrykap - 1 hour ago  » 
    Sorry bit confused about that.
    I thought a reinstall would 're-instate' the 'install.cgi' which seems to be missing.
    Anyway, I have not been able to try it further so will spend an hour or two later today trying things out and report back.
    Cheers.

A reinstall checks for the existance of a singe file to determine if it is a version upgrade or new install. As the special file would exist it would not replace the 'install.cgi' file (I think this may have been deleted by the install full interface procedure as it would no longer be required.)

If you have ftp or telnet access you would be able to delete the flag file "/opt/etc/.do_not_delete_this_file" (Name from memory - may not be exact) - then a reinstall would be seen as a new install.

Don't forget to change the host name in the webif settings of the first Foxsat.

| Fri 14 Dec 2012 10:50:53 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

barrykap

Bet you are getting fed up of me!

Thanks for the advice.

I changed the 1TB machine host name to 'Foxsat1'

I tried to re-install raydon firmware and it went through the motions. Afterwards, on accessing it from my browser it again just shows the basic front page and again if I choose to install the full browser it again says file not found (install.cgi)

So a syou advised I then tried to use FTP to connect to it on the IP address it has (192.168.1,59) It said 'connected to host' then immediately said 'host has disconnected' or something.

So I can't get on to delete that 'do_not_delete' file. It is there as I can see it in the file list in the basic browser.

Any further advice appreciated but understand if you have had enough.

Cheers.

Barry.

| Fri 14 Dec 2012 18:57:00 #7 |
  8. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Since you changed the name on the first Foxsat have you rebooted both?

I don't recall a "file list in the basic browser". what does the browser address line say?

My guess is there is nothing else running other than the mongoose web server as you would not have been able to install it?
    You could also delete the whole of /opt.

I will come back to this in the morning as I will provide some specific pages to browse to as I think they may well exist.

| Fri 14 Dec 2012 19:14:36 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

barrykap

Hi Repassac.

Please don't put yourself out on this.

I'm in no hurry at all and even if it is not solved, it's no problem really as I only really want networking for the 1TB model.

Just nice to have them both available that's all.

Both machines have been rebooted a few times since I last tried but still the same.

The 'new' one I call 'Foxsat2' but of course I cannot yet access it to change it's host name to that yet.

The first one (1TB) is fine, working with everything OK and new name of 'foxsat1'.

I have just taken a few screenshots of the problem with Foxsat2 (320GB model).

When I log onto it's IP in my browser I get this page;-

Click here

which of course is the basic browser home page.

So as it is indicating the full web-browesr is not yet installed I click on the bottom button and I get this;-

Click here

So indicative that it cannot find that install.cgi file.

I then go back to main page and click on the browse media files button and get this;-

Click here

So stepping through the folders to 'opt' I get this, which shows that 'do_not_delete' file.

Click here

So if I could actually delete it and re-install Raydons firmware I am sure it would then work. But how do I delete it as my FTP command just opens then closes the connection.

As I say, no rush. I may be away most of the weekend anyway.

Thanks a lot.

barry.

| Fri 14 Dec 2012 21:49:42 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.