My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

R/C Types

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

klystu

Hi,I recently bought my first ever Humax PVR (BT Youview DTR-T1000).It's second hand and came without a r/c.I rushed into buying a replacement without any thought and got the RM series generic type that replaces the RM-103U.Although this works very well, it's not for me. I then came across the "big button" r/c (RC2984501-01B)which would suit me well.Then I discovered there's a /02B.The question is, am I correct in assuming one of these will work with my unit and if so which one?

| Tue 24 May 2016 17:53:09 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

klystu

I just took another look at the seller's description and item for sale of which he has only one unit, so he's not a dealer. I just wonder if he's got confused with the 502/01B? Yet another assumption, I believe this to be for the BT Vision unit. Again is any of this correct?

| Tue 24 May 2016 18:11:08 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

I have the RM-103U and also this BT remote
    http://www.shop.bt.com/products/bt-youview---remote-control-080440-9CYZ.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=ppc%20product%20search&gclid=CM-A94m288wCFawy0wodMtwF8w
    I find the BT remote far easier to use than the RM-103U with just one hand. It is not just the smaller button area but also the layout.

In practice I don't usually use either. A mini wireless keyboard also works. It is a lot easier for entering search text and F4 goes straight to the recordings.
    It does take a bit of getting use to as I haven't relabeled the keys yet.

| Tue 24 May 2016 20:26:23 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

klystu

Thanks Luke, but I'm still confused.That thread goes against what I thought, although it confirms there are 01B AND 02B units.If the thread is correct many sellers aren't! Regards Stuart

| Tue 24 May 2016 22:06:14 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

klystu

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9579/kw/remote%20control/c/348,3048,1153

This link clarifies the different remotes, but not why there are 2 versions of one of them (big button youview-large blue and purple buttons).
    Please note BT call the vision units "TV".

| Wed 25 May 2016 14:28:21 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

klystu

Well, knowing the risk and that most T1000's have the "big button" remote I went and bought one. Unfortunately it doesn't work at all with mine. Because of nerve damage this remote is perfect for me, I just wonder if there's a firmware upgrade /downgrade that can be performed to resolve this issue?

| Tue 31 May 2016 15:24:51 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.