My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

rcu set up

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

solquest

Just bought Humax DTR2000. Trying to link my LG tv to the remote, found that several of the codes listed in the Humax set up instructions actual work and allow me to use the Humax rcu to operate the tv except the volume control which when I press that it registers as this function disabled, anyone gor any suggestions?

| Sat 28 Mar 2015 11:53:32 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

You should be able to use the TV volume controls to control the volume on the YouView box, unless you're sending the YouView sound elsewhere (such as a receiver).

| Sat 28 Mar 2015 13:12:45 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

solquest

Just been playing around with it again, still find I have to switch remote to tv to activate volume control. Because I found that a number of different codes that Humax listed actually allowed me to operate the RCU but not adjust the volume whilst in PVR could it be that I still haven't found the correct code for my RCU - hence limited functuality? - ps I am non-technic!, which is why I didn't understand the first reply.

| Sat 28 Mar 2015 14:11:06 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Wouldn't have thought so. You could play around with the other codes you found, see if any of those allow you to adjust the YouView volume independently of the TV.

The sound from the YouView box goes over the HDMI cable to the TV speakers. Hence the volume can be adjusted using the TV volume controls. If that's not convenient, maybe buy a programmable remote?

| Sat 28 Mar 2015 14:45:47 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

solquest - have you checked that you're able to adjust the volume when using the actual YouView remote?

| Sat 28 Mar 2015 15:35:39 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

solquest

yes that's the problem when I switch the Humax remote to tv the remote works volume ok but when I switch to PVR on the Humax remote it shows disabled looks like I'll have to speak to Humax on Monday. Thanks for your help

| Sat 28 Mar 2015 18:46:21 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

8. User has not uploaded an avatar

solquest

What a good forum! Acted on advice and found setting was set at surround, changed to stereo and bingo volume control now works ok.
    Still trying to work out other functions on the remote, ie text doesn't seem to be working on pvr but I'll see how it goes. Thanks again.

| Sun 29 Mar 2015 7:02:43 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

You're welcome.

A soft reboot (as described on that page) might help with random YouView weirdnesses like the text button not working.

| Sun 29 Mar 2015 7:53:40 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.