My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Re-booting when going into Auto-tune

(7 posts)
  1. skiday

skiday

Having three Humaxes I thought I'd put a cable back into my Foxsat-HDR. I had TV channels, but as it hadn't been receiving for a while I thought I'd give it a re-tune and so tried an auto-tune. I got to the re-tune page and pressed begin, but before the search began it re-booted. OK, as it now has one input instead of the previous two perhaps a return to factory settings would be a fix. I set it to factory (it didn't update the original U7.51 OS), but when I got to the auto-tune page it went into reboot. Then I'm back to the start of the set-up process and when I get to the Auto-tune page; re-boot! Now I'm locked into this cycle and it seems there is nothing I can do to get out of it. I can't view my old recordings or anything now. Any ideas?

| Mon 29 May 2017 12:55:02 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

U7.51 is the loader not the software. Latest software is 1.00.21 27 Jul 2012. Latest loader is U 7.54.

Try switching the box off with the rear power switch. Format a usb stick FAT32 and copy the update .hdf file to it's root folder. Hold down the front power switch and switch on at the rear.

1.00.21 can be downloaded from here.

http://beta.humaxonline.co.uk/

Loader and Software from here

http://www.stevelarkins.freeuk.com/humax-foxsat-hdr-software-upgrade.htm

| Mon 29 May 2017 13:32:49 #2 |
  3. skiday

skiday

It took me a while to get around to this job, but I did just now and YEAHHHH! IT WORKED!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you, bless your cotton socks Graham. And I even still have my old recordings, Yippee!

Now if only there was a way to turn on and operate my Foxsat with the remote and not turn on and operate my HDR-1100S (& vice-versa) that would really be the cherry on the cake. I mean, fancy not giving you the chance to change the remote frequency. Could Humax never imagine owners having more than one machine?
    Andrew

| Fri 9 Jun 2017 15:48:03 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

skiday - 19 minutes ago  » 
    It took me a while to get around to this job, but I did just now and YEAHHHH! IT WORKED!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you, bless your cotton socks Graham. And I even still have my old recordings, Yippee!
    Now if only there was a way to turn on and operate my Foxsat with the remote and not turn on and operate my HDR-1100S (& vice-versa) that would really be the cherry on the cake. I mean, fancy not giving you the chance to change the remote frequency. Could Humax never imagine owners having more than one machine?
    Andrew

There is a simple solution to that one as well in the faq's. Humax give you up to 6 different boxes in the same room (I have 4).

Foxsat-HDR, HDR-FOX-T2 (x2) and HDR-1000S

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/multi-code-function-hdhdr-remote-1

Add the custom firmware to your Foxsat and you can control it with a PC, smartphone/tablet (anything with a web browser) amongst loads more goodies.

You can also control your 1100s using the freesat app (unpaired) on a smart phone or tablet (IOS and Android).

| Fri 9 Jun 2017 16:10:29 #4 |
  5. skiday

skiday

Great!

re the multi remote thing; I think I read through both instruction books fully and did not find this information. It seems strange that Humax (although I'm sure Humax are not the only ones to have done this) give their machines a function, but don't make any mention of it in the instruction manual, but leave it for us to work it out for ourselves (!) or find out about it on a forum.

Thanks again for the help.

Andrew

| Thu 22 Jun 2017 22:45:51 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

skiday - 11 hours ago  » 
    Great!
    re the multi remote thing; I think I read through both instruction books fully and did not find this information. It seems strange that Humax (although I'm sure Humax are not the only ones to have done this) give their machines a function, but don't make any mention of it in the instruction manual, but leave it for us to work it out for ourselves (!) or find out about it on a forum.
    Thanks again for the help.
    Andrew

Barry posted this information some years ago on a now defunct Humax forum.

| Fri 23 Jun 2017 10:29:49 #6 |
  7. gomezz

gomezz

special member

I seem to recall this information was in the paper user guide that came with my Foxsat HDR in 2010. Can't lay my hands on the it at the moment as it is probably at the back of a dusty cupboard full of paper manuals from other bits of kit.

| Fri 23 Jun 2017 12:40:26 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.