My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Re-recording on to disk

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

MikeC

Is it possible to re-record a broadcast which was recorded in HD on a HDR-FOXT2, on to a disk in a Blu-ray recorder?

| Sat 24 May 2014 9:31:01 #1 |
  2. athomson

athomson

special member

You can copy it off to a USB flash drive, SD recordings will be decrypted this way but HD will not. If you use the custom firmware it is possible to get both SD and HD recordings decrypted in the background. I don’t think a copy via FTP will auto decrypt though, it has to be a copy onto a USB drive. You can then use something like Freemake video converter to make a DVD or Blu-ray. That’s what I would try I did it with a recording on a DVD but I have not tried Blu-ray although I think it is similar.

Andy

| Sat 24 May 2014 9:49:41 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

HarveyB

As athomson says, copying via FTP will not decrypt anything. Whereas the Hummy's own copy facility. (To USB) will decrypt SD recordings.
    If you do not use the Custom firmware (which happens to be a superb package, by the way) then there is a PC based tool called Foxy that you can use to enable the Hummy copy to decrypt HD recordings on a file by file basis. It does involve copying a file (.htm file) for each recording to the PC, running Foxy and copying the file back.

Best solution is to install the Custom Firmware. It can then automatically decrypt some/all recordings automatically. These can then be transferred to the PC via any copy software (Try FileZilla) ready for you to use as you wish.

Admin edit: Links and follow up removed.

| Sat 24 May 2014 12:36:36 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Over the past few days there have been a number of posts regarding encryption, and/or the removal of.

A reminder of our forum rule on this:

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/removal-of-certain-links-and-posts

| Sat 24 May 2014 12:45:03 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

HarveyB

Sorry, I forgot.

| Sat 24 May 2014 13:06:16 #5 |
  6. athomson

athomson

special member

Sorry if I broke the rules abot decryption too.

Andy

| Sat 24 May 2014 13:27:22 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.