My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Rebooting issue

(6 posts)
  1. athomson

athomson

special member

I have been using HDR_FOX_T2_1.02.32_mod_2.16 since a few days after its release. My Fox has stopped responding and rebooted its self twice since then always when I am using the remote to navigate through stored video files. I have never seen this happen before with the standard or modded firmware. I was wondering if anyone else has seen this modded firmware not quite as stable as before? The other option is my T2 box is over six years old and has been in storage for a few months during my moving home. Perhaps it is coming to the end of its life and needs replacing.

Andy

| Wed 22 May 2013 12:53:02 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Can you try turning off media share if your box is networked ? If this fixes it the problem is likely related to interaction with dlna software running on other connected kit. Some versions of Twonky Media are known to cause this.

| Wed 22 May 2013 13:13:51 #2 |
  3. athomson

athomson

special member

I will try that when I get home today, but I don't think I have any DLNA software running on my home network. Time will tell if it works though. I do remember turning on media share and trying to get DLNA working a long while ago then giving up but I may have left sharing on I will check.

Andy

| Wed 22 May 2013 13:25:54 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

athomson - 1 hour ago  » 
    The other option is my T2 box is over six years old

Really? According to this link http://www.techradar.com/news/home-cinema/high-definition/humax-hdr-fox-t2-uk-release-date-made-official-706814 the release date was August 2010.

I agree with Graham that DLNA software has been one common cause but other software (eg Power DVD) has also been implicated.

| Wed 22 May 2013 14:36:45 #4 |
  5. athomson

athomson

special member

Oh well perhaps my memory is going but I turned off the sharing option now its just wait and see. I did get the Fox-T2 almost as soon as it was available though. I kept checking for the 'best' FreeviewHD+ box as my last had died and although my TV had a digital tuner there was no record etc.

Andy

| Thu 23 May 2013 7:15:41 #5 |
  6. athomson

athomson

special member

Thanks grahamlthompson, I turned off media share last week and no reboot issues so far.

Andy

| Mon 3 Jun 2013 9:24:42 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.