My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Reception problems when recording

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

davejb

I have had the Humax player for a few weeks now and it is a good idea, however I am having either reception problems or soething is wrong with the player

When I watch programmes on the TV everything is fine, however when watching programmes recorded on the FVP-4000T 25% of the time they don't work.

The recorded programme works for about 1 minute then goes pixelated and stops.

I originally let the player auto tune, but have since manually retuned the player to ensure the proper channels are being used, but still the problem persists.

Any ideas?

| Fri 11 Dec 2015 16:38:40 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

davejb - 1 hour ago  » 
    I originally let the player auto tune, but have since manually retuned the player to ensure the proper channels are being used, but still the problem persists.

The first question for this sort of problem is always what is the signal strength AND quality as reported by the Humax on the channels where you have problems?

| Fri 11 Dec 2015 18:22:37 #2 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

When you say watching live TV do you mean via the FVP 4000T or TV internal tuner?

What signal strength/quality is reported in settings for channels you are having problems with?

Edit: Martin beat me to it

| Fri 11 Dec 2015 18:25:57 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

davejb

When we watch live TV it is viewed going through the internal tuner.

The current signal strength is 97% Quality 100%, a few nights back I checked and it was 98% & 99%

| Fri 11 Dec 2015 19:23:38 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

davejb - 2 hours ago  » 
    When we watch live TV it is viewed going through the internal tuner.
    The current signal strength is 97% Quality 100%, a few nights back I checked and it was 98% & 99%

Your problem is most likely too high a signal strength. Fitting an attenuator in the aerial lead should resolve the problem for a few pounds eg Link to variable attenuator on ebay. I would aim for a signal strength around 80%.

| Fri 11 Dec 2015 21:43:44 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

davejb

It's a possible solution, and for under £4 may be worth a go - thanks

| Sat 12 Dec 2015 8:56:16 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.