My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Recognizing Dongle

(14 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

have you powered off?

if that failed have you done a factory reset?

if that failed have you confirmed the dongle is working on your win7 pc once you have loaded the supplied driver onto the pc?

Raydon says the drivers are built into the firmware, which means they don't have to be loaded into the kernel on boot-up. If you've tried the Belkin, which I assume you have then that may have corrupted the wifi setup, hence the factory reset. A power off reboot, followed by a factory reset if necessary, no format, is always the first thing to try as this gives you a clean configuration.
    At the end of the day though, if the dongles don't work on win7 with the supplied driver then there's no chance they will work on the humax.

Can you confirm that you've done a power off reboot, factory reset, works on win7?

| Sun 1 Feb 2015 6:38:01 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

rasthem

Yes, I've done a factory reset, reboot, etc. which did not solve the problem. The dongle worked on my PC.
    I'm currently in contact with the supplier. They seem unsure if this dongle has Ralink RT3070 chipset!!!, though it is claimed so in their 'blurb'
    Incidently, It was suggested that a Edimax EW-7711UAn dongle works OK. However latest reviews on Amazon web-site regarding this item are suggesting that the latest version now has an alternative chipset, not Ralink RT3070, so I am reluctant to try one of these.

| Mon 2 Feb 2015 19:57:12 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

dilbert41

I can confirm that Amazon are supplying the Edimax with V2 software. Only the V1 version will work with the Humax. In the end I gave up on a dongle and bought a TP-Link WiFi range extender and plugged an ethernet cable (supplied) into it and the Humax. It works very well. It cost me £22.99 from Argos.

| Mon 2 Feb 2015 21:01:09 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

rasthem

Thanks everyone for your suggestions/advice. As I am unable to get any sense from the supplier (who replies to me are in unconventional english!) I am assuming I've been sent a faulty item.

I have bought a WiFi range extender as suggested by some of you. I hope to have better luck with this!

| Thu 5 Feb 2015 11:40:27 #14 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.