My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

Recommended Powerline Adaptors for BT Sport

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

soverson

I've currently got BT infinity and watch BT Sport using the mini player DB-T2200. As my router is in a separate room, I'm using a pair of TP-Link AV500 power line adapters with pass through. I was experiencing intermittent freezing and dropout of BT Sport (approx. every 2 minutes) so used the long Ethernet cable instead to prove the point that the adapters were at fault. I then discovered that a firmware update was available for the AV500's to cure intermittent dropout of IPTV, so I installed this on the adapters and all seemed well for a while. Unfortunately the dropout problem is now back, as bad as ever.
    Before the new PL season starts, I would like to replace the adapters, but would like to know if anybody can recommend a make/model that works OK and can support the speeds required for BT Sport in HD? I need the pass-through feature as well at both sockets.
    Thanks in advance.

| Sat 11 Jul 2015 20:59:02 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

I believe BT recommend a pair of "Broadband Extender 500s", which as it happens, BT sell in their shop. How convenient is that?

http://www.shop.bt.com/mini-sites/bt-connected-home/broadband-extenders/

I daresay you may be able to find the same, or equivalent, for a cheaper price elsewhere.

| Sat 11 Jul 2015 21:11:07 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

soverson

Thanks. Just to update, I've gone for a pair of Devolo 650 triple+ PLA's from a certain high street electronics store. Tested out this afternoon and so far BT Sport 1HD has been rock solid. These were the ones reviewed on the Techradar website and recommended as being up to the job. They are a bit on the pricey side though.
    Hope this is of some use to anyone in a similar predicament.
    A set of TPLink TP PA4010PKIT PLA's with pass thru will be going on EBay shortly.....any members interested please PM me.
    Thanks

| Sun 12 Jul 2015 16:14:25 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

soverson - 6 hours ago  » 
    Thanks. Just to update, I've gone for a pair of Devolo 650 triple+ PLA's from a certain high street electronics store. Tested out this afternoon and so far BT Sport 1HD has been rock solid. These were the ones reviewed on the Techradar website and recommended as being up to the job. They are a bit on the pricey side though.
    Hope this is of some use to anyone in a similar predicament.
    A set of TPLink TP PA4010PKIT PLA's with pass thru will be going on EBay shortly.....any members interested please PM me.
    Thanks

You made the purchase I would have recommended. Been using Devolo for years - they may be more expensive but I have always found them to be 100% reliable in any situation.

| Sun 12 Jul 2015 22:57:44 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.