My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Record based on keyword and optional channel/time?

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

moftot

Is it possible to automatically record all programs based on keyword and optional channel and time interval?

I'm looking for something like the Automatic Scheduling feature of Hummypkg Remote Scheduling (https://rs.hpkg.tv/auto.html).

| Thu 27 Aug 2015 21:28:10 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

As per your first post in a word no.

I've no experience of 'Hummypkg Remote Scheduling'

| Sat 29 Aug 2015 11:32:24 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

moftot

Barry - 1 day ago  » 
    As per your first post in a word no.
    I've no experience of 'Hummypkg Remote Scheduling'

Thanks for your reply and for moving my posts to the correct forum, sorry for the inconvenience.

Hummypkg Remote Scheduling is the key element of the Humax custom firmware for me. It enables one to schedule recordings when not at home. This works with older Humax PVRs that didn't have this sort of feature built-in, eg HDR-FOX T2.

Seeing that the new FVP-4000T has built-in support for remote scheduling I was hoping that its recording capabilities also would cover recording based on keywords with optional channel and/or time interval so you automatically get future recordings matching. This is a great way of handling "sticky" series recordings, across seasons. Often the internal series info changes from season to season so if you want to record a given series every year, it's sometimes not enough to schedule one season, the PVR will often not pick up the next season.

Oh well, perhaps someone will port the HDR-FOX T2 custom firmware to the FVP-4000T some day.

| Sun 30 Aug 2015 12:14:47 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

moftot - 57 minutes ago  » 
    ... Oh well, perhaps someone will port the HDR-FOX T2 custom firmware to the FVP-4000T some day.

I expect it is as well locked down as the current range of units.

| Sun 30 Aug 2015 13:15:02 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Particularly with regard to search/record/remote-record features, as these are points at which valuable data about who's watching what can be gathered.

| Sun 30 Aug 2015 14:12:17 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

ColinDJ

Is there any chance whatsoever that a future update will include wishlist searching? I had this on my old TiVo a decade ago and it was extremely useful.
    Instead I have to keep vigilant for whats on what channel every week.

Examples:
    Setting an actors name to record anything they have done.

There are some series that are not listed as series, and each week I have to set up recording of the individual episodes.

Thanks (HMS-1000T owner)

| Tue 5 Jul 2016 0:51:15 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.