My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Record programme, can't watch another

(23 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

brookchris

When I record a programme on My Humax FoxSat-HDR , I get the message "No or bad signal' when I try to watch another channel.

In a previous post, someone told me to ...Tune to channel 999, press info. Look at the bottom right of the info bar at the signal strength and quality bar charts. Approx how much of the bar chart is coloured, and how much is green compared to the red and yellow sections ?

But I haven't got a channel 999

| Sun 18 Dec 2011 16:25:16 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Oh Dear

First have look round the back are the two cables on the outer sockets with the middle one empty. If not power off and put them right.

Next boot the box.

Menu/Setup/Manual Tune

Press right where it says Transponder ALL and scroll down the list of transponders to find 11427 H (might say 11428 H).

Look at the Strength and Quality at the bottom.

This is the freesat home transponder (where the epg and 999 comes from).

No or very poor signal.

Faulty lnb, coax connections or dish alignment. Without a signal here this needs fixing first.

Assuming you had or now have a good signal carry out a factory reset. (watch for 2 cables found during the install)

To check both tuners start an instant recording on BBC-HD, start a second on BBC1-HD. Now try tuning to lots of other channels you should be able to live pause any of them.

| Sun 18 Dec 2011 17:33:30 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

brookchris

Thanks ever so much for taking the time to write a detailed reply.

It was sorted with your first sentence. The cable had come loose from the cable end. Feel a bit daft.

What has puzzled me though, is that some of the programmes scheduled to record have been taping, and others not (and I don't believe they were simultaneous recordings).

Really chuffed with your reply.

| Sun 18 Dec 2011 22:29:15 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

The reason for this will probably be the way the box schedules the recordings to the two tuners. Recordings allocated to the working tuner will have worked OK.

Have you now got a channel 999 ?

| Mon 19 Dec 2011 10:37:36 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Brendan

I seem to have the same symptoms but I don't understand the reference to "First have look round the back are the two cables on the outer sockets with the middle one empty. If not power off and put them right." I have only one cable coming from my Sat dish as it's in a wall socket.

| Sat 9 Jun 2012 11:07:21 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Ideally the Foxsat-hdr needs two feeds from a lnb to function with 100% recording capability. If you only have one you must give the second tuner a feed by using the tuner 1 out loop capability. You need a short length of coax cable with a f connector on both ends. See the diagram bottom of page 16 in the user manual.

To understand the limitations of single cable working see

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/what-can-i-record-and-watch-using-1-or-2-cables

| Sat 9 Jun 2012 12:11:07 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

kpcrisps

I have the same problem as in this post - I cannot record one channel and watch another, despite having two cables plugged in to the right sockets at the back. I have tried a factory reset and it always detects one cable only.
    I have checked the signal strength as directed and this seems fine too. (Transponder ALL and scroll down the list of transponders to find 11427 H (might say 11428 H). - 90% strength)

Do you have any suggestions for what I could try next? I do not understand why only one cable is recognised in the reset.
    Many thanks for any advice.

| Sat 23 Feb 2013 18:03:02 #7 |
  8. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Inspect the F-connectors on the end of the cables and remake them if they look iffy.

| Sat 23 Feb 2013 18:20:10 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

If you swap the cables over do you get any signal detected at all ? If not examine the f connector carefully on the coax giving you no signal.

Google fitting a f connector if you don't know how to fit them.

Welcome to the forum.

| Sat 23 Feb 2013 18:21:17 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

kpcrisps

Many thanks,
    you're right - one of the f connectors is dodgy. On one website on 'remaking' them it says not to work with a 'live wire'. I don't want to short circuit it. My problem now is that we're in a rented house and I can't see where the satellite dish is connected to the power - I didn't even realise it would be.
    Does that even make sense? This is all new to me. I guess I'll have to ask the landlord about the satellite...
    Thanks again.

| Sat 23 Feb 2013 18:56:10 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.