My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

Recorder not turning on

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Calomax

After an earth trip switch tripped this afternoon I can’t turn the You View recorder on. It once I reset the trip switch it just shows a blue light which is much brighter than normal and doesn’t react to the remote control.

I’ve tried turning it off with the main switch on the back, and I also tried taking out the power cable. Then when I turn it on it shows a very bright red light and no signal. Pressing the power button then turns the light blue and it says it’s waking up. But after about half a minute the screen goes black followed by the no signal message.

Does anyone know if this is a glitch that I can deal with please? Or has it failed?

It is only a back up recorder for when I need to record 3 or 4 programmes at the same time as I also have a Freesat recorder.

| Sat 14 Mar 2020 18:58:59 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

GrahamRHK

special member

After an earth trip switch tripped this afternoon

I'm guessing you mean a RCD circuit breaker. Do you know why it tripped? Was it the whole house or just the circuit powering your recorder? Do you have an aerial booster? If so that might have failed. Can you receive terrestrial TV from the same aerial on any other device. I am not familiar with the DTR-T so can't comment on your specific observations about that but the checks I have mentioned might pin down what is going on here.

| Sun 15 Mar 2020 9:26:36 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Calomax

Thank you Graham, I only know it as an earth trip switch which is alongside the fuse box. I don’t think it was the recorder that tripped it because I had just plugged a steam cleaner in. It has DTR-T on the back but it’s actually BT YouView recorder, although it’s not used as anything to do with BT. The TV it’s connected to didn’t receive a terrestrial signal because it comes through the recorder. But I’ve bypassed it and it’s fine.

It tries to turn on then fails again. I might take it to our local repair shop and see what the technician says but I might have to dump it or replace it.

Thanks for trying to help me

| Sun 15 Mar 2020 17:49:59 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.