My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

recording anomaly

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

mikethemadmonk

I recently wanted to record the whole series of "The Americans" set it up to do so but when it started the recording, it closed down most of the BBc stations.
    Does anyone know why this happens and how to avoid it?
    We where enjoying "Inspector De Lucan" and it just closed down saying the there was a conflict and there was nothing I could do.

| Sat 12 Apr 2014 22:29:28 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

What else were you recording at the same time ?

| Sun 13 Apr 2014 9:46:41 #2 |
  3. athomson

athomson

special member

if you tried a third recording then what Graham is suggesting is the answer, the T2 can only record from two MUXes at once. If you had one or no other recordings going at the same time maybe the T2 has 'confused' its self! Try turning the T2 off when no recordings are running with the standby button, wait until you here the 'click' of the disk then power off with the switch at the back of the T2. Count to ten then turn it back on at the back and press the standby button. This should force the T2 to power up correctly and 'forget' any bad data it may have had in memory. Sometimes it thinks its recording something in the background when it is not.

Andy

| Mon 14 Apr 2014 17:10:38 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

It's a bit more complex.

If both recordings are from the same mux, any 3rd channel is viewable.

If from different mux, any channel on the same mux as either recording is viewable.

Then of course you also have the TV tuner to fall back on.

| Mon 14 Apr 2014 17:21:35 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

mikethemadmonk

Ok thanks guys, I was only trying to record one program, though it was set to record the whole series!
    I did close down the box and power it up again but that was with the remote and it made no difference, we still could not watch another bbc station at the same time, if fact a block of three bbc programs were cut off.

| Mon 14 Apr 2014 19:32:29 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Something was wrong. Can you try this in a period when nothing else is scheduled to record.

Tune to 101 press the record button. Tune to 102 press the record button again. Now try and watch any other channel, and check you can live pause it. Leave it 5 minutes or so.

Stop one of the two recordings, now see if you can record the channel you are watching from the time you started to watch it by pressing the record button (5 mins or so in the past)

| Mon 14 Apr 2014 20:38:15 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.