My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Recording but wrong timing

(16 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jem8472

Hello, I have been looking at this forum for a while but only just registered. I have also misposted this in a FAQ forum I think it might get better views in here.

I recorded Russell howard the other night on BBC HD and it got about 30 mins of the thing before it and only half of what I wanted.

Last night I recorded Operation crossbow and the same thing happened. I got nearly all of 2 episodes of family guy and only 20mins of operation crossbow.
    Both times I have gone into the guide and selected the program. So if anything before it overran I guess it would pick that up.

Is anyone else having this sort of problem.

I have got a foxsat HDR. Been using it for a few months with no problems apart from this recent recording problem.

| Mon 16 May 2011 20:17:35 #1 |
  2. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Are you using Accurate Recording or Padding on the Foxsat. Last night Lady GooGoo was running mega late on BBC3 and BBC HD causing later programmes to be delayed. My Foxsat recorded Family Guy, Operation Crossbow and Britain's Secret Seas successfully using Accurate Recording.

| Mon 16 May 2011 22:11:42 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jem8472

I am not sure how do I check this on the HDR?

| Tue 17 May 2011 4:43:02 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

When you set the recordings from the epg, if you pressed OK and selected either of the two options record single programme or record series you were using Accurate Recording and Series Recording if you chose the series option.

If you have turned on autopadding in the menus, MENU/Settings/Recording Recording Start Time and Recording End Time set to other than Auto then this will turn off accurate recording for all recordings(series recording is retained).

Setting a manual recording or editing the start/end times will turn of AR for that specific recording.

You can tell if a recording is going to be AR if recording is starting from standby. The box wakes up about 15 minutes before a recording is due and displays the time while it awaits the signal to start recording (assuming you have power saving in sby on - if off the time is always displayed)

| Tue 17 May 2011 8:39:22 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jem8472

I have the HDR set so it starts recording 2 mins before and 5 mins after the program.
    On all occasions I set things to record from selecting them in the EPG. In both these cases they were only single recording not series linked.

Could the problem be using the padding option if something before over runs or starts late?

| Tue 17 May 2011 9:17:46 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Yes by using auto padding Accurate Recording is overridden so the box will record at the times specified in the epg adjusted by the padding settings. If a programme starts late you will lose the end unless of course you have enough end padding to cover the overrun.

Best to use auto and set manual recordings for the few channels that make a pigs ear of the codes.

| Tue 17 May 2011 9:33:48 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jem8472

Thanks for the help guys, I have changed the settings so I hope it wont happen again.

| Tue 17 May 2011 20:14:42 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

brimiller

Where do you set 'padding'? Can't find it in the menus.

| Fri 27 May 2011 8:53:21 #8 |
  9. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum

| Fri 27 May 2011 9:07:57 #9 |
  10. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum

As per the post #4 by Graham - MENU/Settings/Recording/

Recording Start Time and Recording End Time