My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Recording Conflict ITV2

(16 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mike123

Does anybody else experience dissapearance of half of the channels from bbc1,2 itv1 etc whilst recording ITV2 on cg113 on a twin tuner machine?

| Tue 13 Nov 2012 15:26:08 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

How many cables do you have 1 or 2 ? Did you install a second cable after installing with only one ?.

If you open the setup menu and press in succession Red Green Yellow Blue Green Yellow Blue and select the connections option does it say Two Cables(Same) if you have 2 cables?

| Tue 13 Nov 2012 15:29:32 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mike123

2 cables installed right from the beginning (although I have replaced the f connector on one of them today because I think it was loose ) The conflict has been happening for months but it only ever seems to be with itv2 - we can record two channels for most of the others at any time or watch 1 and record 1 etc

Have tried the red button route you have suggested but it doesnt give me access to connections option - instead the little slashed circle comes up as soon as I press red seemingly not allowing the sequence to go ahead

| Tue 13 Nov 2012 15:44:11 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Mike123 - 1 minute ago  » 
    2 cables installed right from the beginning (although I have replaced the f connector on one of them today because I think it was loose ) The conflict has been happening for months but it only ever seems to be with itv2 - we can record two channels for most of the others at any time or watch 1 and record 1 etc
    Have tried the red button route you have suggested but it doesnt give me access to connections option - instead the little slashed circle comes up as soon as I press red seemingly not allowing the sequence to go ahead

Working properly there should be no restrictions on the 2nd channel only on 3rd channel viewing. I reckon your box is in single cable mode.

Don't look at the screen when pressing the buttons, ignore the on screen icon.

Try this goto BBC1-HD and press record, repeat for BBC-HD. Goto ITV1-HD and press pause. You should in fact be able to view and live pause any other channel.

| Tue 13 Nov 2012 15:49:00 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mike123

Will not let me record bbc-hd twice, only once and I have now noticed other channels inc bbc1,2 itv itvh hd missing as well which has not reaaly happened before it was only ever itv2 which gave me a problem. would this suggest 1 of the cables is not working?

| Tue 13 Nov 2012 15:57:45 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Mike123 - 16 minutes ago  » 
    Will not let me record bbc-hd twice, only once and I have now noticed other channels inc bbc1,2 itv itvh hd missing as well which has not reaaly happened before it was only ever itv2 which gave me a problem. would this suggest 1 of the cables is not working?

BBC-HD and BBC1-HD :-). With no recordings in progress Menu - System Diagnostics will display signal strength and quality for both tuners. Post what the values are both tuners.

| Tue 13 Nov 2012 16:16:40 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mike123

Tuner 1 zero

Tuner 2 strength 80 quality 100

I will play around with the aerial lead on No 1 to see if thats the problem and revert
    Thanks Graham

| Tue 13 Nov 2012 16:54:31 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mike123

Have adjusted the aerial wires and now have 85% strength and 100% quality on both showing in diagnostics but the problem persists as though it is still in single input mode

| Tue 13 Nov 2012 17:15:10 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Mike123 - 19 minutes ago  » 
    Tuner 1 zero
    Tuner 2 strength 80 quality 100
    I will play around with the aerial lead on No 1 to see if thats the problem and revert
    Thanks Graham

Check the coax carefully for any sign of water ingress. Gradual loss of transponders is a symptom. Could be a improperly secured cable has worn through it's outer sheath as it moves in the winf against a hard object or inadequate water proofing at the lnb. You do not want water tracking internally down the cable into the stb.

| Tue 13 Nov 2012 17:18:02 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Mike123 - 3 minutes ago  » 
    Have adjusted the aerial wires and now have 85% strength and 100% quality on both showing in diagnostics but the problem persists as though it is still in single input mode

Do the factory reset.

| Tue 13 Nov 2012 17:18:32 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.