My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Recording continiously

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gozoman

Over the past two days my Humax appears to have been recording BBC1 HD continiously. The hard disk statis has now reached 58% yet I only have about 6 hours of programs recorded! I have managed to get it to stop by switching the recorder off at the socket for a minute and then switching back on but my hard disk still shows 58% and there is nothing there that I can delete in order to get this space back. Another thing is that over the past few days I have been getting a lot of failed recordings. No reason is ever given for this and I can't see one as the programs being recorded did not conflict with anything else. Are these problems related in any way? Is there some way of getting my hard disk back to 2% which is what it should be showing at the minute?

| Tue 9 Jul 2013 19:23:12 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

chrissaf

Since nobody else more knowledgeable has responded my comment might help.

You could try formatting the hard drive. Can't remember where, but it is one of the menu options. If successful, this will of course erase any recordings that you might want to keep. The original issue you describe (failed recordings etc) could be indicative of a hard disk beginning to fail. Or it could be a corruption of the Linux file system on the disk. A format should in theory correct any Linux file tables that are incorrect and mark bad disk sectors to be ignored.

| Sat 13 Jul 2013 9:08:12 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Been away for a few days.

No guarantees but a reflash of the firmware from usb might stop the permanent recording issue and give you access to the menus. Before resorting to a format try a factory reset.

Depending on how brave you are you could remove the drive and connect it with a usb cradle to a PC either running Linux or Windows with EXT2FS to enable you to copy recordings from the video partition for safe keeping. A repeat of this after formatting the drive in the pvr should let you copy them back again.

Look at the Custom Firmware add on that allows you to access the internal drive remotely and even run a Linux FS check without dismantling the box at all.

| Sat 13 Jul 2013 10:10:23 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gozoman

I actually managed to solve this last night so here is what I found in case anyone else has a similar problem. The recorder was set to record a program called Luther which ran from 9 pm to 10 pm. It recorded okay but for some reason it never got the command to shut off at 10 pm so it just kept recording for days. I watched the program and then deleted it and it was only at that point that I realised what had happened as it took ages to wipe the recording back to 2% which is where it should have been. Thanks anyway for the suggestions and I hope this helps someone out in the future.

| Sat 13 Jul 2013 12:03:22 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.