My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

recording failed

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

me

only had my DTR-T1000 for a week, at first I was impressed with the ability to watch main channels on-line, without setting up the laptop. But I am not impressed with "Failed to record". I have checked youview website , but all the suggestioned causes there ar wrong. have had recorders for years now and I have never experienced recording failed before. Any suggestion ( other than taking it back for a refund) would be welcome

| Mon 14 Jan 2013 17:26:04 #1 |
  2. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Gizza a clue? What were you trying to record?

| Mon 14 Jan 2013 17:59:43 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

me

Sunday 13th jan ITV+1 Mr Selfridge & The Constant Gardener. Also had set up for BBC1 Ripper St & DAVE Yes Prime Minister, these both recorded.

| Tue 15 Jan 2013 10:04:44 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

jstallan

I've been suffering from failed to record issues. First time it seemed that I'd lost all my channels, but there are no explanations for other failures.

Have you tried a re-scan of channels ?

Are you 100% sure there weren't any clashes of programs ? From my experience, if (for example) Mr Selfridge fails to record to ITV1, then it automatically tries again on ITV1+1.

While the devices seems to notify you of 'clashes' when setting up programs I don't think it handles matters very well if IT decides to reschedule programs.

| Tue 15 Jan 2013 12:27:33 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

me

Have only had recorder since 4th Jan, all scanned, software up to date. No clashes of programmes, had set it up for ITV1+1 due to clashes. Pity with today's technology, the recorder can't inform you as to why it failed.

| Tue 15 Jan 2013 16:41:35 #5 |
  6. gomezz

gomezz

special member

ITV are a bugger for messing around with their Series Codes. You can set a Series to record, they change the code, your recording fails. Try deleting and resetting the series recording.

Of course with this box you are handily place to watch a programme that failed to record on catch up.

| Tue 15 Jan 2013 17:04:21 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

me

That's no excuse "The Constant Gardener" is a film not a series. unfortunately BBC only allow 7days, so going on holiday & :(coming back to "recording failed" is no good. It must be a problem with the recorder. I still use a Sony recorder, about 10 years old as an occasional back up when programmes clash, and it has never failed to not record.

| Tue 15 Jan 2013 17:42:16 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

me

Help me out please, my Humax youview is uselesss at recording, failed, or not starting on time (15-45 mins late)and I am reading about powering on and off, mine is plugged in & switched 24/7. Should I be switching it off at the mains?

| Fri 18 Jan 2013 23:13:52 #13 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

me

Just come back from 2 weeks away to find over 90% of recordings failed. On my way to HJohn Lewis for a full refund. Goodbye Humax.

| Tue 5 Feb 2013 10:01:57 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.