My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Recording Issue?

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Colt45 UK

When I want to record whole series of BSL Zone which is on channel 63 (Freeview) .. it doesn't show up "Record the whole series" but showing only "Record the whole programme" (it works on others, i.e. EastEnders/Coronation St/etc.. but not that BSL Zone!)

BSL Zone shows every week and I want to record it automatically - I've contacted Humax today and they have told me that the will pass my feedback over to the developer - will they do it? - So that's why I'm asking here.

My feedback to them is to allow a user to put a keyword in to be scan every night or weekly and if it detects it by Humax box, it should automatically add in the recording list.

If anyone have any suggestion or how to solve that problems, please let me know as I am very new to Humax.

-------------------------------------------------------------
    Humax HDR2000T since 14th Nov 2014
    Please excuse my poor english as it's not my first language
    Thanks
    -------------------------------------------------------------

| Mon 17 Nov 2014 20:13:21 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

The ability to record a series depends on the broadcaster providing the correct recording codes (known as CRID codes - content reference identifiers). All episodes considered to be part of a series will have the same series crid codes and different programme crids (to avoid recording repeats of the same episodes).

In the past some more customisable pvrs like the Topfield ones have been able to use 3rd part add ons based on text searches of the programme name (it's far from foolproof).

For instance ITV recently showed a series of the James Bond Movies that were series linked. The programme titles were of course completely different (How would you link Dr No to Moonraker ?)

Your only hope is the broadcaster being prevailed upon to sort out the crid codes.

Other than that you can set up a manual repeating recording reservation that will record on a repeating pattern (in this case once a week), but if the broadcaster moves the time or date of any episodes it will fail, and they won't be filed in a convenient series folder.

There's nothing wrong with your English by the way, no way anyone would know that it wasn't your native language.

Welcome to our forum

| Mon 17 Nov 2014 20:35:33 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Colt45 UK - 1 hour ago  » If anyone have any suggestion or how to solve that problems, please let me know as I am very new to Humax.

If you already have an entry for BSL Zone in your schedule then you can easily change it to repeat every week as Graham as suggested.

1) Locate the timer in your schedule (MENU >> Yellow Button)
    2)Select the BSL timer in the schedule and press OK on the remote
    3)Change the 'Repeat' from Once' to Weekly'
    4)Select OK on the screen and then press OK on the remote
    To the right of the entry in the schedule there will now be a little blue symbol which wasn't there before. The number in the little blue symbol is how many times a week the timer will record.

| Mon 17 Nov 2014 21:32:34 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.