My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Recording Issue

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Toonie11

I have purchased another Humax Foxsat_HDR receiver which I've retuned and all channels work. The receiver has 2 feeds. If I record an ITV channel I cannot view any BBC channels. If I stop recording I can view the channels again. If I record a BBC channel I cannot view ITV channels, again stop recording and I can view channels. My other Humax Foxsat -HDR works fine with this set up. Hope someone can help with this issue.

| Wed 20 Jul 2016 13:14:05 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi welcome to our forum It sounds like your box thinks it only has 1 cable or possibly a faulty tuner.

First check your connections are on the outer f sockets with the centre one left empty. If incorrect put this right and do a reset to factory defaults.

If connections look OK then

Menu System Diagnostics.

Does both tuners show signal and quality ?

Next

Menu Setup Freesat Tune

Press in succession Red Green Yellow Blue Green Yellow Blue

OK on Antenna Setting

Antenna Type should be Fixed Antenna, Connection Type should be Two Cable (same)

Lastly swap tuner 1 and 2 in. If the box now finds no signal the f connector on the one previously on tuner 2 may be faulty or loose. If symptoms same possibly tuner 2 is faulty.

Easiest way to check this is setup box in single cable mode. Come back for info if you want to try this (you will need a short coax with a f connector on both ends).

| Wed 20 Jul 2016 14:09:25 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Toonie11

Many thanks for this info .Will try out.

| Thu 21 Jul 2016 6:37:04 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Toonie11

Hi Graham. Signal strength 90% and 85% quality 100% on two feeds.
    I disconnected lnb 2 input and the problem was the same.
    I then transferred LNB 1 feed to LNB 2 input. I received the no signal message which you indicated was probably Tuner 2 faulty.
    I replaced the feed back into LNB1 (Feeds now swapped) and did a FREESAT Tune.
    I pressed the Red Green Yellow Blue Green Yellow Blue as per your message. Not sure what this did? Did about 4 searches before I got the channels being detected.
    I started recording BBC1 and again could not watch ITV but scrolling through the channels I could watch ITV HD and some other ITV channels. When I pressed the List button and scrolled through,some channels were unavailable and were blue indicating not available whereas the watchable channels were highlighted in Black.
    Usure why this is, but many thanks for you assistance.

| Thu 21 Jul 2016 8:40:53 #4 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

The key sequenct should have entered a hidden menu.
    I think I remember that the focus needs to be on the right hand side of the screen.

Alternativly you can reset to factory default - this will display a message on screen confirmation showing how many feeds it has detected.

| Thu 21 Jul 2016 11:59:18 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Toonie11 - 3 hours ago  » 
    Hi Graham. Signal strength 90% and 85% quality 100% on two feeds.
    I disconnected lnb 2 input and the problem was the same.
    I then transferred LNB 1 feed to LNB 2 input. I received the no signal message which you indicated was probably Tuner 2 faulty.
    I replaced the feed back into LNB1 (Feeds now swapped) and did a FREESAT Tune.
    I pressed the Red Green Yellow Blue Green Yellow Blue as per your message. Not sure what this did? Did about 4 searches before I got the channels being detected.
    I started recording BBC1 and again could not watch ITV but scrolling through the channels I could watch ITV HD and some other ITV channels. When I pressed the List button and scrolled through,some channels were unavailable and were blue indicating not available whereas the watchable channels were highlighted in Black.
    Usure why this is, but many thanks for you assistance.

You don't do a freesat tune, you just highlight the option and press the coloured keys. The second feed from your lnb is faulty in some way. Most likely a f connector issue, did you try screwing it onto the cable end as posted ?

http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/fplugs.htm

You could try cutting an inch or so off the cable and refitting the connector as above, assuming it's a screw on one and not a crimped type (ignore the grease).

| Thu 21 Jul 2016 12:08:22 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Toonie11

Hi Graham,
    Did a factory reset and two cable antenna confirmed.
    Repeated your previous instructions and all is working.
    Many, many thanks for your assistance.

| Thu 21 Jul 2016 13:14:48 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.