My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Recording Playback error

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

rogerssu

I seem to have a problem with recording and playing back scheduled recordings at the moment.
    Over the past few days the HDR player has recorded as normal but when you come to play the recording back (although it shows the whole programme has recorded) it briefly displays a blank screen and then returns to the menu, much like the youtube query I read earlier? I have checked the memory and there is lots available? I am not sure where to go other than a complete deletion of all the hard drive. Any suggestions? Thanks

| Mon 7 Oct 2013 18:15:17 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

rogerssu - 1 hour ago  » 
    Over the past few days the HDR player has recorded as normal but when you come to play the recording back (although it shows the whole programme has recorded) it briefly displays a blank screen and then returns to the menu, much like the youtube query I read earlier?

Can you pause live TV?

| Mon 7 Oct 2013 19:36:33 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

rogerssu

Apparently I can pause live TV with no problem now. Although this was not the case earlier today.

| Mon 7 Oct 2013 21:16:25 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

rogerssu - 5 minutes ago  » 
    Apparently I can pause live TV with no problem now. Although this was not the case earlier today.

It sounds to me as though there is some corruption of the file system. You have two options: either format the drive which will of course delete any recordings or install the custom firmware which has a utility called fix-disk to rectify common problems non destructively.

| Mon 7 Oct 2013 21:23:26 #4 |
  5. athomson

athomson

special member

I would install the custom firmware as Martin suggests. Then you can reboot in mainence mode and use a PC or laptop to run a full disk check/repair from a Telnet session. Hoping this will sort out the problem.

Andy

| Tue 8 Oct 2013 7:44:42 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.