My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Other Humax Products

Recording problems 7500T

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

rimam

Got probs with my Humax 7500T 1 TB model. It's 17 months old and the issues have occurred in the past couple of months. On starting the pvr, I get either a 'channel scrambled/not available' or 'No programmes currently being broadcast on this channel' message. Fortunately it only takes 3 or 4 minutes and the channel appears, but it is an issue nonetheless.
    More significantly, parts of recordings (some, not all) are missing. Sometimes it's the start of the program, but it's most commonly randomly within the program that it has lost part of it. I've had various recording times as a result, such 0 minutes, 9 minutes, 17, and 45, for shows that are at least an hour. It's no different if the program time is shorter or longer, some recordings are fine, some are not fully recorded.
    I have contacted icetv support, who suggested a factory reset, and I took it to Humax after that didn't work, who also factory reset and reinstalled all software updates, but no luck.
    Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

| Tue 28 Apr 2015 22:50:05 #1 |
  2. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin

special member

I think that the 7500T is similar to the HDR-FOX T2 unit in the UK. It sounds like it might be an issue with the signal strength from your aerial. Is the TV tuner OK using the same signal? You could check the connections on the lead that links the aerial to the box and look for any obvious damage to the cable. Does your aerial installation have a masthead amplifier? If so, the amp or its power supply may have failed. If all this is OK then it could be a failing tuner in the unit itself. In the UK if you register with Humax and have the sales receipt you get a two year warranty. If your aerial installation is OK and your box is still in warranty I'd get Humax to repair or replace it. If the tuner is faulty they will either have to replace the main board or swap the whole unit. In the UK, the recordings are encrypted on disk but are decrypted (standard definition at any rate) on copying to a USB hard drive using the remote control. If the same is true of the 7500T, any recordings you want to keep will need to be decrypted to be playable on a different unit, or on the same unit if they replace the main board.

| Wed 29 Apr 2015 3:28:01 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

rimam

Many thanks for that. The TV tuner is perfect. I have another tv and Topfield recorder in another room, and also a computer tv card, all hooked up to the same aerial, but there are no issues with any of them. Don't have a masthead amp either so will contact Humax again and ask them to check the tuner in the machine. Just a few months out of warranty of course ): but I might plead my case with them. i'll post the outcome. Cheers from Downunder.

| Wed 29 Apr 2015 6:04:27 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

rimam

Humax to the rescue. They put in a new board and it's been 100% since!

| Sun 24 May 2015 11:24:03 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.