My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Recording recommendation

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

BlackGhost

special member

I've noticed they have made an already annoying feature now even worse - instead of recommending some show I have no interest in seeing that I've already dismissed numerous times before, most times I record something it's now recommending I record the same programme but in SD. Why on earth would I want to do that. Humax really need to allow this feature to be turned off or ideally just get rid of it altogether.

| Wed 9 Aug 2017 18:23:52 #1 |
  2. RogerB

RogerB

special member

Are you referencing the "do you want the SD or HD recording" that usually pops up when you make a recording choice? If so, I find that useful (although I can't really tell the difference on viewing - more eyesight than technology) - or do you mean something else? R-

| Wed 9 Aug 2017 18:47:23 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

BlackGhost

special member

No it's the feature that recommends other programs to record when setting a recording. 90% of the time it used to recommend I may want to record The Last Leg and continued to do so time after time of me saying no.

| Wed 9 Aug 2017 20:42:00 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

philm

Although they seem random they are probably set by the broadcaster. There are three CRID types in the EPG, the programme ID, The Series ID and recommendation ID (which are supposed to mean you may also like). Not all broadcasters seem to use them correctly! Anyway since it is probably in the EPG entries that arrives afresh every time and the Humax has no idea it is a repeat of the last time because it has the programme id (not the series id) of the recommendation and that is unique, so new every time! Irritating isn't it?

| Thu 10 Aug 2017 12:44:07 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

BlackGhost

special member

The annoying suggestion of recording the SD channel version of the same HD recording seems to have happened since the recent channel reorg. If it comes from the broadcaster they need to sort it out and Humax need to add the option of turning off the feature.

| Thu 10 Aug 2017 20:08:25 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

philm

If you want to say what the programme is that it happened on, and it is from the last two days or today to today+6 I may be able to see what crids are in the EPG for it and the programmes they refer to. The three day limit also applies to future dates on a rolling basis

| Thu 10 Aug 2017 20:33:29 #6 |
  7. aciddad

aciddad

special member

I've had this a few times and from before the retune.
    I think it has only been on Channel 4. It is a recommendation to record the same program in SD after setting it to record in HD.
    It doesn't happen frequently enough to make me bother to keep notes.

David.

| Fri 11 Aug 2017 11:49:14 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

BlackGhost

special member

I've had it happen quite a few times since the retune - mainly Channel 4 too I think but I can't remember which programmes.

| Fri 11 Aug 2017 16:53:45 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

philm

I have had a look at The Last Leg tonight on C4.

On SD we have:
    (S11 Ep13) PROG_CRID=www.channel4.com/66696/013 SER_CRID=www.channel4.com/C4EI0013012516214803 [S]

and on HD we have:
    (S11 Ep13) PROG_CRID=www.channel4.com/66696/013 SER_CRID=www.channel4.com/C4ED0013012516214803 [S]

As you see identical.

Compare with The one show on BBC1 tonight
    SD:
    PROG_CRID=fp.bbc.co.uk/23VOJ6 SER_CRID=fp.bbc.co.uk/KCIWIS [S]
    and on HD
    PROG_CRID=fp.bbc.co.uk/1FH8DM SER_CRID=fp.bbc.co.uk/KR1TJ6 [HD] [AD,S]

That is how it should be. I have seen both channel4 and 5 using the data in an odd way before. I can't say why the humax responds the way it does but the data will not help.

| Fri 11 Aug 2017 22:51:27 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.