My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Recording Scedule Lost - Has there been an update?

(18 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

David T

I'm dead meat, Great British Bakeoff failed to record. A quick check reveals that all recording schedules gone!
    Is this my machine having problems or has there been an automatic update?

| Wed 1 Oct 2014 20:21:51 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

probably an automatic retune today that wiped your schedule, a real pain and without custom firmware no real way to get round it.
    afaik, the programme is repeated 4th October and also available on iplayer

| Wed 1 Oct 2014 20:43:54 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

David T

Fortunately able to download to laptop which, having connected to TV, the missus is watching.

So these automatic retunes, what triggers them and is there no way to control them?

| Wed 1 Oct 2014 22:44:03 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

happens a couple of times a year from Freeview. Unfortunately recently start of September and again today 1st October, freeview rejigging channel numbers.
    Humax don't keep the schedule as the channel numbers have/may-have changed and it's too difficult to write software to track what channel/s has/have moved to where so Humax just wipe it to be on the safe side.
    The only solution I know is to install the custom firmware (CF). This makes a backup every night which in the event of an automatic retune can be put back in place. Custom firmware also turns the hdr-fox-t2 into a brilliant machine, the one we always wanted.
    CF can impede an automatice retune if set up properly, but you might want a retune so there's no clear answer.
    My advice, install CF then at least you have the option to rescue the schedule.

| Wed 1 Oct 2014 23:15:19 #4 |
  5. chrisdaniels

chrisdaniels

special member

Yep happened to me too and didnt think about there being another retune event.

Humax really need to fix this behavior on the T2!
    Thank god I'm running custom firmware..

| Thu 2 Oct 2014 7:58:56 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

fuminghumax

Had a long and fruitless conversation with humax representative yesterday regarding these unstoppable channel updates. Very frustrating when you've just set up a long schedule for going away and also deleted all the channels that you don't want. Given that the whole point of the product is to allow you not to miss stuff when you are not at home, I would have thought that it is questionable whether the product is actually 'fit for purpose' given also that there is no warning of the schedule having been wiped ! (Humax HDR-2000T)

| Fri 3 Oct 2014 9:06:50 #6 |
  7. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum

Whilst there is no warning of schedule being wiped, it is a consequence of a channel rescan which does have a warning i.e. a pop up on boot of unit.

| Fri 3 Oct 2014 9:39:28 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Barry - 29 minutes ago  » 
    Welcome to the Forum
    Whilst there is no warning of schedule being wiped, it is a consequence of a channel rescan which does have a warning i.e. a pop up on boot of unit.

Just out of curiosity does that pop-up time-out to NO? If it does not then it defeats the purpose.

| Fri 3 Oct 2014 10:10:53 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Barry - 2 hours ago  » 

Yes but it is not much use when you several hundred miles away from the box and it auto retunes when coming out of standby. Because I was aware of the 1st October retune I had installed the custom firmware remote scheduling package and was able to restore the schedule. Barry do you know why Humax are so reluctant to modify the software so that the schedule to be patched up after the retune rather than deleted? To my mind this is the major failing of the Humax software across quite a few different models.

| Fri 3 Oct 2014 11:52:03 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Pollensa1946 - 2 hours ago  » 
    Just out of curiosity does that pop-up time-out to NO?

Unless the focus is changed it times out to 'Now' and then rescans the channels.

| Fri 3 Oct 2014 12:48:48 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.