My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Recording Scedule Lost - Has there been an update?

(18 posts)
  1. chrisdaniels

chrisdaniels

special member

I agree with Martin and we have been telling Humax for years..

@Barry, if the box is left on overnight (like in my case), then the message appears at whatever time the signal is sent out and when it times out, it defaults to "Now", so we did not see any warning. I suspect a lot of people leave their boxes on all the time too.

I feel sorry for the owners that dont understand the tech side of things (vast majority) and will just assume that the Humax has gone wrong again..like last month.. Its not exactly going to make them happy is it..

| Fri 3 Oct 2014 15:03:40 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

iainmac66

Our HDR Fox T2 seems to be getting "channel list has been updated" messages almost every week, almost always resulting in weekly programs on BBC1 or Channel 4 not being recorded and recording schedule completely deleted. This must have happened 4 or 5 times OCt/Nov/Dec 2014, in the East Central Scotland area.

An HDT 2000T in another room does not seem to be affected so often. Obviously it is recording different programs, on different channels.

Any suggestions what to try on the HDR Fox T2? Really very frustrating to find something not recorded, sometimes too late even to use catch up TV via laptop. What is the point if we cannot "prevent" channel updates deleting recording schedule?

Thanks for any/all advice.

| Sun 14 Dec 2014 16:40:28 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

iainmac66 - 33 minutes ago  » 
    Our HDR Fox T2 seems to be getting "channel list has been updated" messages almost every week

The HDR-FOX T2 does not do that. The message is probably being displayed by the TV itself.

| Sun 14 Dec 2014 17:35:35 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

iainmac66

Luke,thanks for the reply. Probably the message is from my TV, but why would a TV channel update affect the HDR-FOX T2 recording? The tuners are completely separate, right?

It's the only symptom I can see (a message about retunes) that seems to tie with recording schedule being wiped.

We do live between transmitters. I am trying to investigate if either the TV or the HDR-FOX T2 are possibly retuning between 2 transmitters, but I don't yet know how to prevent that possibility.

Thanks.

| Mon 15 Dec 2014 22:51:54 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

grant_whittaker

I also had this - on an HDRT2 - wiped all my recording list - I was toast when some things didn't record!!!

My Humax has just fallen out of guarantee, and I'm getting more and more tempted by the Custom Firmware - but I am a real lightweight when it comes to these things - is it something a relative simpleton to programs and firmware can do or is it a pro thing only?

| Sat 28 Feb 2015 16:58:59 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

grant_whittaker - 22 minutes ago  » 
    I also had this - on an HDRT2 - wiped all my recording list - I was toast when some things didn't record!!!
    My Humax has just fallen out of guarantee, and I'm getting more and more tempted by the Custom Firmware - but I am a real lightweight when it comes to these things - is it something a relative simpleton to programs and firmware can do or is it a pro thing only?

yes it's for everybody and turns the box into something very useful, but you can't go at it like a bull in a china shop.
    CF is the only way I know of restoring the recording schedule after an update

| Sat 28 Feb 2015 17:25:37 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

grant_whittaker

Is there a thread I can read up on and see if I think I'm up to doing it?

Is there a way to restore the original firmware if I cock it up?

| Sat 28 Feb 2015 18:09:31 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

grant_whittaker - 19 minutes ago  » 
    Is there a thread I can read up on and see if I think I'm up to doing it?
    Is there a way to restore the original firmware if I cock it up?

there's nothing you can't fix, you won't want to restore the original firmware, but you can fairly easily

like with most things easy when you've done it at least once.

take a look here:
    http://hummy.tv/forum/threads/new-readers-start-here.838/

I'd be amazed if you had any questions that weren't already answered somewhere on that forum so double/triple check before posting. CF is aimed at getting the most out of the foxT2's, nothing illegal - it's all about fixing problems, adding functions/facilites missing from factory firmware such as restoring schedules after a retune etc.

| Sat 28 Feb 2015 18:40:33 #18 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.