My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Recording Skipping

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Alison68

I've noticed recently that the majority of recordings made by my Humax are skipping forward, making the programmes unwatchable. I've tried rewinding but its a lengthy and frustrating process and can happen dozens of times during one programme. Any ideas, Im at a point where its of no value to me?

| Mon 11 Nov 2013 13:37:10 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Alison68 - 20 minutes ago  » 
    I've noticed recently that the majority of recordings made by my Humax are skipping forward, making the programmes unwatchable. I've tried rewinding but its a lengthy and frustrating process and can happen dozens of times during one programme. Any ideas, Im at a point where its of no value to me?

Sounds like a hard drive problem to me. Is the box still under warranty? If so contact the vendor if not consider installing the custom firmware which has tools to diagnose the health of the hard drive and to fix common problems with the hard drive and the file system.

| Mon 11 Nov 2013 14:00:01 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Alison68

Hi, thanks Martin, will check on the warranty as it came from John Lewis. Otherwise can you give me more info on the firmware please?

| Mon 11 Nov 2013 18:52:28 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Alison68 - 1 hour ago  » 
    will check on the warranty as it came from John Lewis. Otherwise can you give me more info on the firmware please?

The custom firmware is developed by the user community. It works alongside the standard firmware and adds extra facilities. The best place to start reading about it is Link to cutom firmware wiki

| Mon 11 Nov 2013 20:05:10 #4 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Can you confirm live TV viewing is ok ie no break up in picture/sound.

Almost certainly a 2 year warranty if bought from JL.

| Mon 11 Nov 2013 20:06:45 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Alison68

Hi there, yes live TV viewing is fine thanks.

| Tue 12 Nov 2013 9:36:45 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.