My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Recording whilst watching a programme

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

andy9876

I have only just installed the box so apologies if this is an easy question to answer. If I am halfway through watching a programme and press the red record button doe the system only start recording from the point at which I pressed the button or will it record from the time I started to watch the programme.

| Sat 8 Oct 2011 16:46:57 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

swedish cook

andy9876 - 16 minutes ago  » 
    I have only just installed the box so apologies if this is an easy question to answer. If I am halfway through watching a programme and press the red record button doe the system only start recording from the point at which I pressed the button or will it record from the time I started to watch the programme.

It will not record what is in the buffer no. Humax did say they were adding this, but seems like we will not get it on this unit.

It *is* possible to grab the recording buffer however if you don't change the channel the recording will be in a file "0.ts" on the hard disk. Its possible to access this file, move it to a PC and edit it. To access the file you need to apply the "media bundle patch version 4" from Raydon. This patch is unofficial and also allows you to stream recordings to various devices.

| Sat 8 Oct 2011 17:08:46 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

amh

I have a 9100. With this box at least, you can fast-rewind through the buffer before you press record, and it will magically record from the beginning of the buffer.

| Fri 14 Oct 2011 15:21:57 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sammynjj

Hi,

I have a foxsat HDR box. Does any one know if recording from the start of the TSR or start of a program buffered by the TSR has been incorporated or is going to be incorporated anytime soon?

It's really annoying that you can't do this, infact I'd go as far as to say it's very poor that you can't.

Cheers,

Sam

| Sun 29 Apr 2012 1:33:26 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Sammynjj - 8 hours ago  » 
    Hi,
    I have a foxsat HDR box. Does any one know if recording from the start of the TSR or start of a program buffered by the TSR has been incorporated or is going to be incorporated anytime soon?
    It's really annoying that you can't do this, infact I'd go as far as to say it's very poor that you can't.
    Cheers,
    Sam

You can't record the buffer. At a guess it's because the file that is used (0.ts) is not encrypted for HD channels. To enable recording the buffer file would have to be encrypted as it is recorded to a normal recording file. There's little or no chance of this being implemented now I think.

| Sun 29 Apr 2012 10:31:04 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sammynjj

Thanks. With out meaning to shoot the messenger, that's very disappointing news. Starting to think I should have gone with the cheaper Echostar, but that's a whole nuther discussion!

| Sun 29 Apr 2012 10:46:48 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.