My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Recordings Backup / box swap

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

giverny

special member

Humax are about to swap out my Nero for a replacement (due to the pixelated recordings problem - I am now losing 1/2 to 3/4 of recordings even after a manual channel scan).
    What is the best thing to keep the SD recordings that are OK. Can I just copy the files from the humax recordings folder to my NAS box (5GB done only 110GB / 15 hours more to go) and then copy them back to the recordings folder on the replacement box or is life more complicated than that ?

Thanks

| Thu 21 Jan 2016 1:25:45 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

I would not bother copying them back (not sure it is actually possible via network, it is if you save to usb HDD) just play from the NAS via Media Centre.

| Thu 21 Jan 2016 13:59:52 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

giverny

special member

Now why didn't I think of that - sounds obvious when you think about it !!

Thank you.

| Thu 21 Jan 2016 14:53:27 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Barry - 5 hours ago  » 
    I would not bother copying them back (not sure it is actually possible via network, it is if you save to usb HDD) just play from the NAS via Media Centre.

For some reason I thought that if copied via the Network the standard definition recordings were still encrypted and therefore Networked archived recordings will not play on a replacement FVP-4000T. Is a Network copy just as flexible as a USB copy?

| Thu 21 Jan 2016 19:56:28 #4 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Caveat only tried this using a win 8.1 PC

See FAQ

If you drag and drop from the FVP (that appears in my computer/network locations) to NAS then SD recordings can be streamed from NAS to the likes of....another FVP, HDR T2, 1800T, HB 1000S, HDR 1010S etc

| Fri 22 Jan 2016 10:50:43 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.