My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Recordings disappeared from the HDD screen

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

ditzy dinah

Hi, I am mystified. I have a 1TB foxsat recorder which has been working fine. This evening my husband leant on the remote control, and must have activated some button as a message came up on the screen, I can't remember what it said, I just cancelled it, and when we went to the media screen, the HDD was empty! It had been 84% full! What on earth can have happened, and how can we get our recordings back? We are not computer savvy, we just use our recorder in a straightforward, but up to now very satisfactory way. I do hope there is an easy solution to this we are quite dismayed.
    Any suggestions? would be most welcome! thank you

| Wed 5 Feb 2014 0:05:33 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

ditzy dinah - 29 minutes ago  » 
    Hi, I am mystified. I have a 1TB foxsat recorder which has been working fine. This evening my husband leant on the remote control, and must have activated some button as a message came up on the screen, I can't remember what it said, I just cancelled it, and when we went to the media screen, the HDD was empty!

I don't have a FOXSAT and hopefully a FOXSAT expert will be along before long. On other Humax boxes you can switch between different media lists eg on the 9200 between TV and radio recordings, on the HDR-FOX T2 between TV and music. My best guess would be something similar has happened on your FOXSAT. Consulting the manual may find the answer.

| Wed 5 Feb 2014 0:40:00 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

dino

special member

DD,

I don't think there's anything you could do with one accidental button press that would delete your saved recordings so I don't know if the two things are related. Can you recall anything about the message you cancelled ?

If, as Martin suggests, when you press media, you've somehow switched to a view of recorded radio or photos (which may well be empty) the disk usage knows about your recorded TV. When you press media, does the screen show 0% used in the upper right or does it show 84% but just not list your recordings ?

Have you tried recording a test program to see if that works or pausing live TV and skipping back a bit ? That would confirm the HDR can still use the internal disk.

Have you tried putting the HDR into standby (red light on front) and then powering off with the switch at the back (or the mains plug). Wait for all HDR lights off, count 10 and power on.

Look out for any HDD related messages on screen. Let us know.

| Thu 6 Feb 2014 7:17:02 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

ditzy dinah

Hello Dino and Martin and thank you for your replies. I could not at the time consult the user manual because I was having computer problems as well , and the manual would not download! However on the second attempt at rebooting, this time pulling the plug out from the mains, and leaving it off for 20 mins or so, when it was switched back on, all was restored, much to my relief!! Panic over, hopefully now we will be back to trouble free recording and viewing, and will be careful where we place the remote control in the future!!

| Thu 6 Feb 2014 14:38:10 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.