My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Recordings don’t play after fitting hard drive.

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Apache

Ex Member

Hello,

My Humax FVP 5000T need to be replaced so I have fitted the hard drive from the box that needed to be replaced into the replacement box but has the following issue there are recordings on the hard drive that I want to keep, the issue is that the box does not play the recordings back that are saved on the hard drive.

Is there a way to fix this issue ?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

| Sat 26 Nov 2022 21:16:34 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Apache - 2 hours ago  » 
    My Humax FVP 5000T need to be replaced so I have fitted the hard drive from the box that needed to be replaced into the replacement box but has the following issue there are recordings on the hard drive that I want to keep, the issue is that the box does not play the recordings back that are saved on the hard drive.
    Is there a way to fix this issue ?

The problem will be the encryption which is unique to each box. I don't know a way of overcoming the problem unless someone cracks the encryption.

| Sun 27 Nov 2022 0:14:17 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

I suspect the encryption won't be cracked. I don't know of anyone who is actively looking into this.

In future you may want to save some SD recordings to a USB drive or use the DLNA server to stream (and save) SD recordings to another device before you have other problems. HD recordings can't be saved (not easily, anyway).

| Sun 27 Nov 2022 9:05:26 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.