My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

recordings ended too soon?

(5 posts)
  1. chippychip

chippychip

Hi
    I have a Humax DTR - T2000 model, and just recently I've noticed that one or two recordings have stopped recording at the very end. i.e if I watch a recorded programme from the youview box, the very last few minuites are missing, and the usual "recording has ended please press back" sign appears,

Is this a sign that the youview box needs re scanning??

Thanks

Graham

| Fri 24 Jan 2020 10:58:21 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

No it's down to the broadcaster who should send a signal to the box to stop recording when the programme has finished.

Unfortunately you cannot add extra time to recordings using a Youview box as you can with the other Humax boxes.

Complain to the broadcaster including the name time and date of the truncated recordings.

| Fri 24 Jan 2020 11:08:27 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

jonny19

I have 2 Humax HDR-1100s 1TB AND THEY BOTH HAVE THE SAME SYMPTOMS,STOPS RECORDING BETWEEN 2 MINUTES AND 12 MINUTES BEFORE THE END OF THE PROGRAM.

BUT ONLY WHEN I START TO RECORD A PROGRAM I AM ALREADY WATCHING.
    MY NEIGHBOUR HAS A PANASONIC. WE BOTH RECORDED THE SAME PROGRAM AT THE SAME TIME. HIS WAS FINE, ONE OF MINE CUT OFF 7 MINUTES BEFORE THE END, AND THE OTHER CUT OFF 4 MINUTES BEFORE THE END.
    CAN ANYONE HELP.

| Sat 14 Mar 2020 11:19:12 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

KenA

We have a FVP-4000T and we regularly find that when we playback a recorded programme it ends before the programme ends. Is there any way of stopping this happening?

| Sat 18 Apr 2020 21:46:50 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

KenA - 9 hours ago  » 
    We have a FVP-4000T and we regularly find that when we playback a recorded programme it ends before the programme ends. Is there any way of stopping this happening?

There could be a few different reasons why this is happening to your non-youview box. It would be confusing to youview oners to continue to discuss your FVP-4000T in the youview section as the youview boxes have more limited recording options and also a couple of the recordings options that they do share can behave differently.

I suggest you look in he FVP-4000T/5000T section of this forum site first and then if you are having difficulty locating relevant previous threads or find the quantity of posts overwhelming, that you re-post on the FVP-4000T/5000T section of the forum. If you do repost make sure you state what your Setting's Recording Setting are (i.e. Start Padding Time / End Padding Time) and examples of channels that you are frequently finding this is happening.

| Sun 19 Apr 2020 7:30:49 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.