My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Recordings failing part way into programme!

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

ganpixie

My Humax: HDR-Fox T2; purchased 5 Sep 2013; software vFHTCP 1.03.12 (7 Feb 2014).

This Humax has served well until recently when a number of recordings have 'failed' part way through viewing when a message 'this channel is encrypted' (or words to that effect) appears. The recent 'failed' recordings were being made from BBC4 and BBC2 on different days. For example a film of over 2-hours duration recorded only 91 minutes...another programme recorded for only 8 minutes...
    A disk check indicates no faults and only 32% of the disk is used.
    I now suspect that the 'fault' lies with the actual transmissions as signal strength/quality are near 100% for all channels;)and I regularly update the programme listings.
    I have also experienced the occasional booked recording not starting. My good lady suggests I did not actually book the details - I am certain that I did!
    Would you agree with my 'conclusions' or is there (possibly) a different explanation?
    An irritating issue...
    Look forward to your comments/suggestions.

| Tue 26 Feb 2019 12:11:52 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

ganpixie - 40 minutes ago  » 
    I now suspect that the 'fault' lies with the actual transmissions as signal strength/quality are near 100% for all channels;)and I regularly update the programme listings.

If you talking about solely BBC programs, then a very brief search of this and other forums will show lots of similar reports. I don't understand what is going on at the BBC but both accurate recording and series link data have been problematic for several weeks. As an example, the lunch time news on BBC1 SD (Chesterfield transmitter) which should have been 35 minutes recorded for nearly an hour yesterday. Numerous complaints have been submitted to the BBC and all you can do for now is keep a close eye on the recording schedule.

As a side note, 100% signal strength can be an indication of the signal being too high (either because you are close to a major transmitter or because of over amplification); I don't think it has anything to do with your current problems but one to consider if you ever start to get picture break up problems. 100% signal quality is what matters with digital transmission.

| Tue 26 Feb 2019 13:00:47 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

ganpixie

Martin ~~~ thanks for your very prompt feedback...

Seems, as I suspected, the 'fault' lies with BBC.

As I am fortunate not having to pay for my TV licence I shall just huff-and-puff and await the resumption of normal service

| Tue 26 Feb 2019 14:54:44 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.