My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Recordings not available on box, Scrambled or unavailable

(10 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

podman

Today I have tried to watch a number of previously recorded programmes from the last few days all from various channels. When play is selected we get the message channel is unavailable or scrambled. After rebooting the box by turning off at the back the programmes then work.

Any ideas?

| Sun 15 Jan 2012 16:42:07 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Another member reported the same recently, no idea what causes it.

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/playback-problem-fox-t2

| Sun 15 Jan 2012 17:42:44 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

We have seen this problem twice in 12 months of ownership.

| Sun 15 Jan 2012 18:59:06 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

podman

Was there an update recently as we now have picasa on our media options. Have any MUX changes been made?

| Sun 15 Jan 2012 21:01:07 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

podman - 2 hours ago  » 
    Was there an update recently as we now have picasa on our media options. Have any MUX changes been made?

Humax can change available content on the portal at will without there necessarily being any other changes.

| Sun 15 Jan 2012 23:30:13 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

podman

Wish they would find some way to add demand5 and 4od that would be a good addition. It is a shame they use silverlight and not flash. Not that either has much of a future.

| Sun 15 Jan 2012 23:51:20 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

This happened to me a few days ago, not too sure if it's the modded firmware or not, but I got the box confused.
    Watching bbc1, switched over to bbc1HD which I was recording to rewind to the start, got bored and tried to watch another recording and got the scrambled message for everything in the media folder.
    I was a bit worried so deleted the last 2 recordings just in case they'd corrupted, pressed 'stop' amongst other things and all to no avail.
    Now here's the important bit...
    checked the web interface and it showed the box was playing 2 different files. Normally the status will show; nothing, 1 or 2 recordings or 1 playback. Somehow the box thought it was playing back 2 different files (the bbc1HD recording and the first file I'd tried from the media folder) even though by that time I was back on normal TV.
    It's clear that the box can't do this and it explains why I got the scrambled message when trying to play back a further file. I couldn't stop the playback and didn't want to wait the 1-2 hours to see what would happen at the end so I rebooted. I couldn't switch it off on the front, didn't want to cut the power via the switch at the back so I telnet'd onto it and rebooted it from the command line. It's been fine since.

My apologies to those of you who don't have modded firmware as most of this won't make sense, but basically the box thinks it's already playing back a recording so can't playback another and a power cycle will fix it.
    I'd be interested if 'killwilly' and/or 'podman' could confirm whether they're using modded firmware or whether their box is standard. Thanks.

| Mon 16 Jan 2012 9:51:20 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

damian - 55 minutes ago  » 
    Watching bbc1, switched over to bbc1HD which I was recording to rewind to the start, got bored and tried to watch another recording and got the scrambled message for everything in the media folder.

We had another occurence of this last night. The box was making two recordings (BBC2 and Channel 4+1) and playing back a recording made earlier. 34 minutes into the playback we got the scrambled message and no other recordings would play. According to the user interface the two recordings were still proceeding but looking this morning they both stopped at (or about) the scrambled message. After a bit of fiddling I stopped the recordings; put the box into standby and then power cycled the box. Normal functionality was resumed. Currently running standard firmware but I do intend to install the custom firmware this week to allow me to back up the recording schedule and for the new maintenance mode.

| Mon 16 Jan 2012 10:53:26 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

podman

Not modded yet! please point me in the direction of the modding software and it's details. def. interested in pushing the box to the max.

My Box HDR is Fox T2 not Foxsat.

| Mon 16 Jan 2012 18:13:36 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

podman - 17 minutes ago  » 
    please point me in the direction of the modding software and it's details. def. interested in pushing the box to the max.

Try starting at http://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Main_Page#VFAQ but the pace of development has been ferocious and the documentation struggles to keep up.

| Mon 16 Jan 2012 18:37:16 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.