My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Recordings not deleting

(16 posts)
  1. Paul47

Paul47

Model HDR-FOX-T2, Software Version FHTCP 1.02.29, Loader a7.33, System ID 80BC.7E00.

I am a seasoned Humax user, but I'm having trouble deleting recordings from the HDD. Some folders and files will not delete, as if they're locked, they are not LOCKED!

Having viewed a program, I stop playback of the file, then using the circular “OK” and the “UP” / “DOWN” buttons I select “DELETE” In response to the prompt “DO YOU WISH TO DELETE THE SELECTED ITEM”, I select “YES”.

Sometimes the file is erased okay, however, Intermittently, the screen returns to the list of recorded media leaving the file I wish to remove, un-deleted. When this happens, I have to play the file from the beginning, stop playback. then going through the above procedure again successfully removes the file!

I can see no pattern as to when a file will delete or not. This problem also happens when deleting recordings or folders using the red button.

Is there a way, to delete the recordings and folders?

Has the firmware been updated to resolve this problem?

| Mon 22 Apr 2013 11:28:43 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

Hi Paul,

this has been reported and explained a few times in the past. It may seem random, however it happens when play isn't stopped properly.
    It's easy at the end of a recorded programme to jump straight into the epg or media folder and choose something else without actually pressing stop on the current file being played back or waiting for it to finish and return to media/live tv.

Luckily you've already found the work around which is to resume play or play from start and then press stop. This lets the box know that the file isn't in use anymore. Just go through the affected files and play/stop them.

1.02.32 is the latest software and as always; it'd be worthwhile downloading/installing it.

If the above work around doesn't help then sometimes a power cycle will clear other problems. Once or twice a year my box will think it's playing back two files at once, I've never been able to replicate it and it's probably me being impatient at times

| Mon 22 Apr 2013 13:13:40 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

trog

I get this sometimes but rather than play again I press the red button to get a tick against the file then opt+ then choose delete.

| Tue 23 Apr 2013 12:04:40 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

much better idea, thanks Trog, I'll try this next time, saves me losing the buffer

| Tue 23 Apr 2013 22:32:12 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

Just tested this Trog and it doesn't work for me, press red to select/tick file and opt+ has the delete greyed out regardless for file and/or folder. Shame as it looked like a better work around.

| Thu 25 Apr 2013 22:43:06 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

trog

Thats odd, it always works for me,is that the case for all your folders and files or just the ones that fail to delete in the usual way? I am using 1.02.28 if that could make any difference.Just checked and the only thing greyed out on folders is Lock and Unlock and on files just Unlock.

| Fri 26 Apr 2013 13:35:37 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

just the ones where I've jumped out from play without pressing stop or waiting until they finish. I'm on 1.02.32 with CF. The resume-play/play-from-start stop work around always fixes it

| Fri 26 Apr 2013 13:54:11 #7 |
  8. Paul47

Paul47

Thank guys,

The work around works for me, but the red button option doesn't, delete is grayed out!

Damien, I've not done it as yet but will install the latest software version soon. surely, if this is a known problem why has it not been fixed in software updates?

| Fri 26 Apr 2013 13:56:01 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

I'd imagine Humax developers have got their hands full with the newer boxes and people moaning that they can't stream an app for you tube's video of britain's worst advert to their android capable loo roll holder. I bought mine to watch and record TV be it freeview or freesat (call me old fashioned), everything else I can do with plenty of other equipment and I fully recommend the raspberry Pi.
    Seriously though, the hdr-fox-t2 is getting old now, it has its quirks, but imho still the best and most reliable box out there, particularly when coupled with the custom firmware. I personally don't think the few quirks justify any major development work and aren't a deal breaker. Humax do have a good record of supporting their products when something major changes whereas other manufacturers leave customers high and dry and this is important to appreciate.
    Forums like this are very useful for explaining some quirks, there are some questions that seem to crop up, this one about deleting, recording from the buffer and the audio description to name a few. I wouldn't dare ask Barry to update the FAQ's, I'll just remind my wife that the weeds are looking a bit bad in the garden and I'm thirsty so I could do with a cup of tea when she's finished ironing my socks.

Back to the question though, so long as there are work arounds for these features then I can't see Humax needing to change anything at the moment

| Fri 26 Apr 2013 14:49:41 #9 |
  10. Paul47

Paul47

Damian, I tip my hat to you. I too have bought mine to record and watch TV. I also have other equipment to surf the net, watch You Tube (not), use iPlayer's etc etc.

As you say, as long as there's a work around, I'm happy, just thought I'd play devils advocate!

| Fri 26 Apr 2013 18:29:03 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.