My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Recordings set to incorrect postcode

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

pipkato

I'm having a weird problem with my Foxsat HDR.

When I manually select a programme to record while watching e.g. BBC1 HD I get a message asking me to choose between SD and HD. Usually I choose SD for storage reasons. But instead of recording BBC1 SD London (the postcode area set on the Foxsat) it records BBC1 East Midlands instead. It seems to consistently choose this incorrect regional variation. To record the BBC London version I have to go directly to the BBC1 programme slot (101) in the channel list and select the programme there.

I don't know when this began happening, but I've a feeling it's been there for a while as I remember seeing BBC EM showing up in recordings, but put it down to 'finger trouble' on my part.

I recently had some issues with the recordings folder structure on my hard disk and reformatted it, seemingly without any problems. It seems to be recording normally now with the normal folder structure, apart from this London/Regional BBC issue.

I suppose I could do a 'Factory Reset' , but maybe there's a firmware issue. Speaking of firmware, I notice that for a couple of months now it's taking ages for the 'receiving programme information' message to disappear, and while it's displayed accessing channels can be unpredictable. This happens on both the Foxsat HDR and on the Freesat tuners in my TVs.

Anyone have any suggestions or a solution?

Thanks.

| Mon 28 Nov 2011 20:40:18 #1 |
  2. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Can't help with you first problem but the second is an issue that has been discussed ad naseum both here and elsewhere. In summary to avoid getting that message and delay press Schedule then Red to get to the cached EPG instead.

| Mon 28 Nov 2011 23:30:41 #2 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Re your first problem - try deleting the BBC1 East Midlands channel.

| Tue 29 Nov 2011 15:58:02 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

pipkato

Thanks very much for both suggestions.

I'll give them a try and see how I get on.

| Tue 29 Nov 2011 16:13:16 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.