My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Recordings unexpectedly deleted

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

giskard

Today I found that all of the recordings on my FVP-5000T were deleted for no apparent reason. I've checked the settings and saw a an auto-delete setting but it was set to OFF. Obviously this is very annoying and isn't really helping my case to keep the Humax; my wife frequently (and not unreasonably) complains about it, as compared with the Topfield PVR we had, the 5000T is a big step backwards in functionality and a massive step backwards in reliability, with the loss of our recordings being the final straw.

But back to the reason for this post: has anyone had their recordings disappear/all deleted and if so can the recordings be recovered?

I've had the recordings disappear before and switching off the power to the Humax (with it in standby/off mode) usually did the trick to restoring the list of them but this time it seems they're gone for good, especially as tonight's scheduled recordings are now the only recordings on the disk.

Any info or advice most welcomed, thanks in advance

| Wed 22 Jul 2020 22:54:31 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

giskard

Further to this, it seems that recording are lost every time the Humax is switched off/standby and furthermore, I can't record or pause live TV which indicates an issue with the HDD or it's interface. I ran a disk test from the FVP-5000T's setup options and it carried on with the message "this may take a few minutes" for about 30 minutes (I'd switched to watching something else via the TV) so unless Humax's definition of "a few" means "infinite", I guess the test wasn't running so I powered off/on the box from the mains, went to the recordings screen and there's nothing there, despite having recorded a few things last night.

The Humax is covered by a 5 year warranty with Richer Sounds, so I guess I'll be making use of that.

| Thu 23 Jul 2020 8:13:47 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

rocksteady

Have you tried playing a live programme on your 5000T delayed a few mins or secs. If that also fails then guess your HDD is bad.
    Sounds like you need to put your face covering on and go take it back to Richer Sounds.

PS. What version of software do you have on your faulty 5000T?

| Thu 23 Jul 2020 9:44:32 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

giskard

I tried that earlier today, get a message telling me to wait a few seconds until time-shifting is ready, even though the channel has been tuned in for hours, so either the HDD itself is faulty or the interface/motherboard is faulty.

If the 5000T wasn't under warranty I'd just swap out the HDD and see if that fixes it.

Firmware is the June 2020 version.

| Thu 23 Jul 2020 10:10:49 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

giskard

Oddly enough the issue seemed to coincide with the disk having very little free space left with quite a few programmes scheduled for recording that night so wondering if that pushed the Humax over the edge.

Tried factory reset and factory reset with disk format and no change - it's still not working, so I've called Humax to start a warranty claim. If it was out of warranty I'd probably just try another HDD in it but there are warranty seals underneath it's case.

| Thu 23 Jul 2020 13:20:47 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

giskard - 1 min ago  » 
    Oddly enough the issue seemed to coincide with the disk having very little free space left with quite a few programmes scheduled for recording that night so wondering if that pushed the Humax over the edge.
    Tried factory reset and factory reset with disk format and no change - it's still not working, so I've called Humax to start a warranty claim. If it was out of warranty I'd probably just try another HDD in it but there are warranty seals underneath it's case.

Have you got auto delete turned on ? If so it deletes the oldest recording to make space for new ones. This is the designed behaviour and not a fault.

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/what-does-auto-delete-actually-do

| Thu 23 Jul 2020 13:23:41 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

giskard

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 

giskard - 1 min ago  » 

Have you got auto delete turned on ? If so it deletes the oldest recording to make space for new ones. This is the designed behaviour and not a fault.

As per my original post, auto-delete is turned off, but even if it were set to ON, it wouldn't cause every recording to be deleted. The other issues I mentioned indicate that the HDD/interface are faulty so it's a warranty claim from Humax.

| Thu 23 Jul 2020 14:40:46 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

giskard - 2 hours ago  » 

giskard - 1 min ago  » 

As per my original post, auto-delete is turned off, but even if it were set to ON, it wouldn't cause every recording to be deleted. The other issues I mentioned indicate that the HDD/interface are faulty so it's a warranty claim from Humax.

Your post said the issue coincided with the disk running short of disk space. So the question was entirely sensible. It was not clear that every new recording was being deleted,

| Thu 23 Jul 2020 17:24:14 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

giskard

giskard - 2 hours ago  » 

giskard - 1 min ago  » 

Your post said the issue coincided with the disk running short of disk space. So the question was entirely sensible. It was not clear that every new recording was being deleted,

Fair enough

Just to clarify, all recordings where cleared/delated yesterday evening after a powerup, then three programmes were recorded subsequently, but after then putting the Humax on standby and then switching it on again, those three recordings had disappeared.

| Thu 23 Jul 2020 19:01:31 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.