My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Recovering a Deleted Programme File

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

MyikeD

After watching the first 13 episodes of the BBC serial Little Dorrit, I accidentally deleted the last episode. Is there any way to undelete this programme file on my HUMAX FOXSAT HDR?

| Sun 15 Jan 2012 13:51:02 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Welcome.

afaik there's no way on a standard box. Any way would involve removing the HDD and would need someone really familiar with Linux, EXT3 and the internal workings of the box software or a patch to the existing firmware.

Someone has developed a undelete option using patched firmware for the HDR FOX T2 but afaik (I could be wrong) the Media Server firmware for the Foxsat doesn't have the capability.

Sorry to bring bad news.

| Sun 15 Jan 2012 14:15:32 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

MyikeD

Many thanks for your help.

I just hoped that my HUMAX box was like a PC and that files were not destroyed completely on deleting. Ah, well, I suppose that I will just have to read the last few chapters of Charles Dickens' Book!

| Sun 15 Jan 2012 14:43:37 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

MyikeD - 4 minutes ago  » 
    Many thanks for your help.
    I just hoped that my HUMAX box was like a PC and that files were not destroyed completely on deleting. Ah, well, I suppose that I will just have to read the last few chapters of Charles Dickens' Book!

Just wait for the inevitable repeat

| Sun 15 Jan 2012 14:49:43 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.