My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Recovering programmes from damaged 9150

(25 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

JHeaton

Start > all programmes> accessories> right click command prompt and left click run as administrator. Brings up screen 'do you want to allow this programme to make changes, left click yes.

From the resulting command prompt window I tried what we've discussed above.

For absolute clarity I've done it again from the start and got exactly the same result.

Cheers James

| Thu 19 May 2016 15:50:44 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

JHeaton - 54 minutes ago  » 
    Start > all programmes> accessories> right click command prompt and left click run as administrator. Brings up screen 'do you want to allow this programme to make changes, left click yes.
    From the resulting command prompt window I tried what we've discussed above.
    For absolute clarity I've done it again from the start and got exactly the same result.

Fair enough. It is a long time since I have done this and I am out of ideas. Maybe if you wait someone else will be along who has done it more recently. It still sounds like a permissions issue to me.

| Thu 19 May 2016 16:47:09 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

JHeaton

Thanks for trying Martin. Wouldn't even have got this far without you.

Suspect it's a paperweight...

James

| Thu 19 May 2016 16:49:06 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

JHeaton

If at first you don't succeed... think laterally...

I have several Humax, 9150 and 9300, am quite a big fan of them to be honest. This is the first one I've had go majorly wrong.

So - I decided to transplant the drive into one of the other chassis. Turned out to be a 10min job with screwdriver and pliers, couple of screws a bit fiddly, nothing terrible. Was careful to use the 'static strip' on my extension lead, wasn't planning on touching circuit boards but equally risk of catching one and blowing it up.

I now have a functioning 9300t with a 160gb Western Digital hard drive...

Worth a go if anyone else has the same problem, and is certain it isn't the HDD that's gone faulty.

Cheers for all the help guys, James

| Thu 19 May 2016 17:17:12 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Good. Were the recordings from the 9150 visible or did you have to format the drive?

| Thu 19 May 2016 17:26:54 #25 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.