My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Reformat Hard Drive

(4 posts)
  1. Reisser

Reisser

I carried this out today as had some problems this week following what I think was a power surge.

I'm a bit puzzled that after this it is showing Used Size of 20.2%? Why would this be when there aren't any recorded programmes, just reserved programmes?

Hope it worked okay!

| Mon 19 Dec 2011 19:09:20 #1 |
  2. Reisser

Reisser

Oh no I was hoping I could delete this post!

I just realised how stupid I was and that the Used size is the reserved programmes. Duh! lol

| Mon 19 Dec 2011 20:55:35 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

voxmagna

I don't know if this is what you mean't, but because the chase feature allows the program you are watching to be recording in real time so you can rewind, they must have reserved space. Otherwise somebody could fill up the HDD with recordings and that feature would stop working.

Another nasty thing some boxes can do is reserve your HDD space for targeted Ads and promos. The boxes monitor what programs you watch and have some profile information on you. Let's say you watched Sport every day, your Ad breaks could have lots of Sport related products served from your HDD and your neighbour could have different Ads. But I think this is for 'other' types of boxes using subscription models, bundled in with rental packages.

| Fri 23 Dec 2011 16:18:41 #3 |
  4. Reisser

Reisser

That's very interesting voxmagna and didn't know that.

To be honest I'm not sure what I meant!lol

| Sun 25 Dec 2011 0:04:17 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.