My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Remote Broken - How Do I See My Recordings?

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

martink0646

Hi,

1st time poster. The original remote has stopped working. It is still outputting IR (viewed through a camera) but this is not effective. I have purchased a One-For-All 4 (URC-7140), entered the codes & it works perfectly.....except for the fact that there is no media button on the remote so I can't access any recordings! Also, I can't use the learning function because the remote is broken.

Are there any shortcuts or keypad combinations or backdoors into the media screen that DON'T involve pressing the 'media' button. (The box is attached to a router so if there is a web remote that might help)

I have ordered a new OEM remote (for £18) but that will take a week to arrive. I have this One-For-All & it's a nice, solid piece of kit - certainly an improvement on the supplied remote & I would like to keep using it.

Can anyone help?

Martin

| Sat 11 May 2013 17:10:50 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Basic controls under the front flap. Even better install the Custom Firmware and the Webif Remote you can then control it with a PC, tablet, smart phone etc. Pretty well anything with a web browser.

See

http://www.avforums.com/forums/freesat/1747997-media-file-server-bundle-foxsat-hdr-release-4-0-part-4-a.html

| Sat 11 May 2013 18:03:04 #2 |
  3. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Get a Harmony remote to replace the OFA? Their 300 model is a cheap and popular choice.

| Sat 11 May 2013 18:28:35 #3 |
  4. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

You should be able to add the function to a button (via 'KeyMagic') but you need to contact OFA to find the correct EFC code, or you you try searching the remote control forums at Remote Central or Hifi-remotes (JP1) for more info.

Edit: try this - press magic then 074 or 00074. If that works program the code onto a convenient button. Gleaned from an update file on hifi-remote.

| Sun 12 May 2013 14:56:18 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

chrissaf

You didn't say which PVR model uses the remote you are having problems with. Assuming a Humax HDR, you say that the original remote sends IR signals (viewed through a camera), does the white PVR button light up as well. If one of the other three white buttons (TV, DVD, Audio) lights up instead, then that is your remotes problem. Press the white PVR button and all remote services for the Humax HDR should hopefully be restored.

| Mon 13 May 2013 10:31:34 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.