My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Remote Control Buttons Failing

(1 post)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Zaphod

Hi

The remote control developed an issue with certain buttons working sporadically or not at all as time progressed - frustrating as the replacement cost is anywhere over £21 depending on where you look

Just to let you know that the issue appears to be with the conductivity of the buttons when you press them down onto the contacts. I fixed mine by opening up the remote (you can do it but not easy - I managed to open the casing by levering it open at the top next to the sensor window) and using cocktail sticks, tweezers, Pritt stick glue and foil circles made with the hole-punch. Apply glue thinly to the fail circles and buttons, use tweezers to place the foil circles on the bottom of the buttons and a finger to firmly push the circles down into place.
    It now works beautifully and I've saved a chunk of cash for a replacement.
    I am sure anyone reading this with the same problem will be able to do the same if they have a go at repairing their remote in the same way.

What I would comment on is that Humax Support have been great but when the warranty runs out this will cost and a remote should last longer than a year - I don't abuse my kit at all.

I've seem a lot of people reporting they have had the same sort of issue. Is this a manufacturing issue - Humax, with respect should you be looking at this....?

History:
    I have had a DTR-t2000 for about 18 months.
    The first remote control stopped working altogether within months and Humax Support efficiently sent me a replacement - happy with that.
    Later the actual unit began to reboot itself so after diagnostics I got a replacement from Humax Support - happy with that.
    Then the replacement remote started having the intermittent button issue, hmmmm......

| Tue 8 Nov 2016 18:07:03 #1 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.