My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Remote Control Issues

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

ianblamey

Hello,

I have an HDR Fox2 and FVP 5000T.

On Saturday night both machines wouldn't respond correctly to the remotes, (occurred exactly the same time).

My current set up is nearly 2 years old. (The Fox2 much older) No changes have been made to the setup.

I have powered down both machines. Replaced batteries. Ensured the remote controls are on different modes. A factory reset on the Fox2 has made no difference.

The remotes on both will now only work if you are within two feet immediately in front of them.

These are of course in my front room.

If I take them into the kitchen and use the portable TV there, everything works finE. I can hide the remotes behind my back and they still work ok.

When I am back in the front room, it's square one again.

Does any one have any ideas please?

Many thanks.

Ian

| Mon 2 Mar 2020 12:20:23 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

ianblamey - 9 mins ago  » 

Could there be something else in the room interfering with the remotes? A remote for another devices stuck down the side of a chair or with something on it or a faulty low energy bulb perhaps.

| Mon 2 Mar 2020 12:32:14 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

ianblamey

Thanks Martin. No nothing like that at all.

I'm just stunned it's happened to both machines at the same time.

I can't work it out.

Regards

Ian

| Mon 2 Mar 2020 12:43:14 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Try removing the batteries from both. Repeatedly press the power button and others to discharge any stored energy. This should reset the remote. Replace the batteries, did this help ?

Humax remotes have been known to change the code set all by themselves.

Follow the procedure to check the two remotes match with the box they should control

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/multi-code-function-hdhdr-remote

| Mon 2 Mar 2020 13:25:26 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

ianblamey

Thanks Graham,

I did follow everything as documented with no immediate result.

I have since unplugged every single lead in the whole setup and gave them an extra long power down.

Currently back to normal.

Keeping fingers crossed.

Many thanks to you both.

Ian

| Wed 4 Mar 2020 10:35:29 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

ianblamey - 51 mins ago  » 
    Thanks Graham,
    I did follow everything as documented with no immediate result.
    I have since unplugged every single lead in the whole setup and gave them an extra long power down.
    Currently back to normal.
    Keeping fingers crossed.
    Many thanks to you both.

If you download the free remote scheduling app to a smartphone (no need to pair) it can be used as a wifi remote control provided your phone and box are connected to your home network.
    Ian

| Wed 4 Mar 2020 11:28:21 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

mp3pek

Martin Liddle - 1 mnth ago  » 

ianblamey - 9 mins ago  » 

Could there be something else in the room interfering with the remotes? A remote for another devices stuck down the side of a chair or with something on it or a faulty low energy bulb perhaps.

I think Martin Liddle is on the right track here. Had a similar problem myself.

From your comment that it worked on the kitchen TV I guess you have a remote extender system.

I have a YouView box and a media player in the lounge, HDMI connected to the main TV. They also feed via modulators and an amp to TVs in the kitchen, bedroom & conservatory with magic eye extenders on all TVs back to the two boxes.

The fact that you have to get two feet away to the boxes indicates that there is infra red interference that needs a really strong signal from the remote to overcome.

In my case it turned out to be the bedroom TV and magic eye causing the problem. Removing the aerial lead from this set cured the problem. Replacing the lead made the problem return. Powering down the TV and restarting cured it.

So if the problem reoccurres try disconnecting remote TVs in turn.

You can check if remotes or extenders are emitting a signal using a mobile phone. Press a button and you will not see the LED giving an output with the naked eye. However point the camera of your phone at the LED and press a button and you will see the LED flashing on the phone screen. You can't see the infra red signal but your phone camera can.

| Sat 4 Apr 2020 21:01:26 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.