My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

remote controller does not work

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

RogerM

All of a sudden my remote controller stopped working, the red light flashes when you press buttons but nothing happens, I put new batteries in to no avail.
    I then bought a replacement remote which worked for a few weeks and then did the same thing, that was replaced and after a few weeks that controller did the same,
    Is this a controller problem or a box problem?
    Problem is now, I have very limited control of the box manually so can't do factory resets or anything like that.
    Anyone help with this? Or had the same problem

| Mon 12 Oct 2020 12:07:40 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

RogerM - 9 mins ago  » 
    All of a sudden my remote controller stopped working, the red light flashes when you press buttons but nothing happens, I put new batteries in to no avail.
    I then bought a replacement remote which worked for a few weeks and then did the same thing, that was replaced and after a few weeks that controller did the same,
    Is this a controller problem or a box problem?
    Problem is now, I have very limited control of the box manually so can't do factory resets or anything like that.
    Anyone help with this? Or had the same problem

If you flash the custom firmware available for this box it comes with a remote control that uses your home network using a web browser.

There is a smaller version that you can use on a smartphone

Attachments

1. Foxsat-HDR_remote.jpg (350.2 KB, 3 downloads) 3 years old
    | Mon 12 Oct 2020 12:24:22 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

RogerM

Thanks for the response, afraid I'm not tech savvy and don't have a smart phone, so if I bought the remote mentioned would it just work or would I have to do something first, also is it possible I would have the same problem as I had with the other controllers, I have since read that there are quite a few instances of people having the same problem as me?

| Mon 12 Oct 2020 12:32:49 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

RogerM - 3 mins ago  » 
    Thanks for the response, afraid I'm not tech savvy and don't have a smart phone, so if I bought the remote mentioned would it just work or would I have to do something first, also is it possible I would have the same problem as I had with the other controllers, I have since read that there are quite a few instances of people having the same problem as me?

It's not a physical remote it's a web page. You can use any computer with a working web browser which you must have to post here.

Have you a friend who is tech savvy that can help you ?. You will need a usb stick to flash the web interface software.

The Foxsat also needs to be connected to a home network.

The remote you are using may have changed the operating mode.

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/multi-code-function-hdhdr-remote-1

| Mon 12 Oct 2020 12:40:14 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.