My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Remote information button

(33 posts)
  1. Russell B

Russell B

I have just brought the FVP 5000T, whilst watching a recording how do you get the programme synopsis.
    If you press the ok button it just gives you the title but doesn't tell you what the programme is about.
    The only way I can check is to press stop and go back to the maIn recording menu
    On my old HDR 2000 T all you had to do was press I button and it told you all about what you were watching.
    Does anyone have any ideas on this,????

| Sat 18 Nov 2017 19:41:53 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

BB

3. User has not uploaded an avatar

john1

special member

Hi on my 5000t. The synopsis comes up every time you select your recording you want to watch when you press ok.
    It's on the right hand side of the screen that gives you the options.
    I've found that if you want to see the synopsis when your part way through.
    just stop, then arrow back, witch should take you back to the options screen. with it on.
    then just select the option to play from your previous place on your
    recording.
    or if you want you can even Delete it if you want.

| Sun 19 Nov 2017 10:04:52 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

Why press a simple button once when you can press several..... welcome to the world of the 4000/5000

| Sun 19 Nov 2017 10:30:21 #4 |
  5. Russell B

Russell B

I love most of the new features on the 5000T especially the fact you can record up to four programmes at once, and the design of the box looks slick, but i cannot understand why they would remove some of the old features that worked, in my earlier thread i mentioned about the info button on the 2000T one press and it gives you all the information you need,so i have to agree with John 1,
    on the 5000T it now takes three clicks to find out the same info,
    I have now decided to keep my 2000T and use it as a second box purely because it works great.
    come on Humax sort it out before someone takes your crown.

| Sun 19 Nov 2017 15:25:38 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

uk1

special member

Hi Russel,

oddly the button I most miss is the button on the bottom right of the Hummy Youview RCs which is the delete button. So when you work down the list of recordings i miss just hitting one button to delete. I also miss the info button. You seem to have to make much more of a dommitment to the programme to simply see the info.You basically have to enter the record menu cycle just to get some basic programme info and then seek permsission to exit.

Some of the functions of the 5000t are really great. I'm not sure anyone else mentioned it, but the sound quality is good. The alternative reording o-tions when there are clashes or recorder overload are great. Freeview Explore/Play is really good,.

| Sun 19 Nov 2017 15:36:08 #6 |
  7. Russell B

Russell B

hi UK1
    I,m glad i,m not the only one, once they sort out the few gremlins the 5000T has its gonna be a great little machine.
    i am loving this forum, it gets very fruity at times.
    it just goes to show how passionate we are about our Humax,s

I wonder if they will issue an in depth manual for the 5000T as the one that comes with it does,nt really do it justice.

I think Humax should stop taking bits out and improve on what they have.

| Sun 19 Nov 2017 16:35:38 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

uk1

special member

Russel,

I totally agree, with one small caveat and that is it is better if people post clinically and accurately what they experience instead of what sometimes seems like a desire to inaccurately talk up it's function and speed and talk down others accurate recording of their excperiences to a point where you start to question accuracy of reporting. It isn't helpful if you start to doubt and think the box is capapble of doing things and being faster when it may not be and you may therefore not have an intrinsically faulty box but instead a box like pretty much everyone else. I don't know about you, but (for example) if I go into many of the menus and built in apps - in particular for example Freeview Play which I think is really great and I'm going to disciplain myself to go to, but I simlky find it difficult to believe that anyone else with a 4000 or 5000 has a machine that opens and populates programmes in Freeview Play in "one or two seconds". If it's six or seven or ten or twelve, say so, it doesn't make it a bad box.

We all watch different stuff and most of what I record on terrestial is thankfully 101 to 106 with a bit of Travel and Food thrown in. So a four channel 2tb machine on paper is a dream machine as a Sky avoider.

I wish I wasn't a numpty and could simply decide whether to live with and tolerate it's nasty little habits and try to tell it who is boss or give up. To be fair it isn't expensive for what it does and it does have a bit of an obstinate personality. Just like me.

| Sun 19 Nov 2017 16:49:24 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

john1

special member

Hi Russell,
    I think you'll find that most people on here give an accurate account of their own experiences, in their own environment.
    Just because some of us are experiencing some problems that some others don't it's a shame they can't seem to accept not everyone are necessarily
    having the same problems as they are.

| Sun 19 Nov 2017 17:17:14 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

uk1

special member

John, thanks - I think we all accept that and hopefully you can understand that what one person or several people finds an irritant can be posted without sanction by others in what seems a rather aggressive and disrespectful way. That is I think all that was being requested and nothing more - and that seems a good way for things to stay friendly and helpful.

All of us try to make sense of whether we have a faulty box or not and accurate reporting helps. When you have a moment could you just check how long it takes for your box to open up and populate "Freeview Play" as my one can take up to say twelve seconds or so.

Thanks.

| Sun 19 Nov 2017 17:23:09 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.