My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Remote or recorder issue

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

pseudonym

When advancing a recording along to the start (or anywhere else) it used to do so quickly. Now it goes along in tiny bites taking dozens or more of button presses to get to the start of the program. The remote works well enough navigating the EPG, but one thing is an additional issue it sometimes the TV button gets pressed and it takes some time to get it back to DVR so that button illuminates.
    Any help please.

| Sat 28 Jan 2023 1:51:32 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

The first problem could be a settings change.
    Look at/change the settings at:
    Menu - Settings - Preferences - Recording; you can alter Instant Replay Time to 7s/15s/30s and Skip Forward Time to 30s/60s/120s/240s. I suspect these might have been reset to a low value.

As for the second problem. Chances are your remote is failing. It might just be dirty and require cleaning inside. More than likely that won't help. If it works on the important keys I'd put up with it. Otherwise you might have to look for a replacement remote. Mine failed ages ago and I switched to a One For All remote - it's a pain as it requires reprogramming to get the required functions. It's not very good if you have more than one Humax and need to change the control mode. I think it's possible to obtain a replacement Humax remote.(?)

| Sat 28 Jan 2023 10:14:44 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

pseudonym - 8 hours ago  » 
    When advancing a recording along to the start (or anywhere else) it used to do so quickly. Now it goes along in tiny bites taking dozens or more of button presses to get to the start of the program. The remote works well enough navigating the EPG

Are you advancing a recording using the skip buttons or the play bar?

If it is the play bar, I've experienced the issue with two different reasons.
    One is that the batteries needed changing. It worked OK for a tap but using it to move along the play bar requires a longer press which the batteries weren't good enough for. I think I've also experienced it were the left and right buttons were just worn out a bit.

| Sat 28 Jan 2023 10:47:27 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

pseudonym

Are you advancing a recording using the skip buttons or the play bar?
    If it is the play bar, I've experienced the issue with two different reasons.
    One is that the batteries needed changing. It worked OK for a tap but using it to move along the play bar requires a longer press which the batteries weren't good enough for. I think I've also experienced it were the left and right buttons were just worn out a bit.
    Thank you...batteries were indeed the reason. All good now. I had thought with navigating the EPG being OK, it couldn't be.

| Tue 7 Feb 2023 17:06:54 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.