My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

Remote record iOS app updated

(9 posts)
  1. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Now version 1.2.7

Release note as per YV forum:

•This update allows you to record an entire series of your favourite programmes remotely from your iOS device.
    • The update also shows which programmes are on now in the new Now and Next view, or you can choose a channel to see all programmes on that channel by day.
    • Programmes you’ve requested to record in the app are now shown with a recording icon in the TV Guide and Now and Next view.
    • You can now scroll between all 7 days in the TV Guide without needing to change the date

| Wed 13 Mar 2013 14:31:34 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

jstallan

Looks easier to use. If only it would show what is already set to record

| Thu 14 Mar 2013 8:18:27 #2 |
  3. gomezz

gomezz

special member

I guess a Slingbox accessed from the browser on your mobile (any mobile not just an iPhone) would do that for you. Although at a price that you could only really justify if you are true road warrior away from home for days on end rather than just being someone who learns of a programme being shown that day while gossiping round the water cooler.

| Thu 14 Mar 2013 9:59:42 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

jstallan

I'm neither a road warrior nor gossiper

| Fri 15 Mar 2013 7:55:42 #4 |
  5. gomezz

gomezz

special member

As a Radio Times subsciber I have no need for a way to set timers remotely. A bit of forward planning and a highlighter pen is all it takes ...

| Fri 15 Mar 2013 10:35:12 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

jstallan

As a rule I generally do it for the week ahead on a Sunday following a punishing bike ride. However, a combination of age and work stress is starting to wilt my brain. Plus we are due to go away shortly for a break. Otherwise I'm fairly organised.

Oh, and now my wife has the app on her iphone. So with 2 people potentially selecting programs there could be tears!

| Fri 15 Mar 2013 18:42:10 #6 |
  7. nigelmercier

nigelmercier

This is an awesome facility, but can it be done from a PC?

Also, does the box have to be set as a DMZ to work from outside the home network?

| Tue 19 Mar 2013 9:22:36 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

nigelmercier - 2 hours ago  » 
    Also, does the box have to be set as a DMZ to work from outside the home network?

I thought (but could well be wrong) that there is an intermediate server involved. So the ios device registers the recording requests on the intermediate server and the Humax polls the server from time to time. Assuming this is correct there are no incoming connections to the Humax so it doesn't need to be in a DMZ nor does it need port forwarding rules.

| Tue 19 Mar 2013 11:27:57 #8 |
  9. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Update now available to version 1.3.7

• A new menu to simplify navigation within the app
    • Better support for the iOS VoiceOver accessibility feature
    • Easier access to the channel list when using the TV Guide
    • Further improvements to prevent the ‘Temporarily unavailable’ message appearing under normal conditions

| Mon 13 May 2013 20:30:07 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.