My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

Remote recording

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Creda1

Why can't I remotely set my Humax 2000 to record from anywhere in the country?

| Sun 4 Oct 2020 16:50:37 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Creda1 - 1 hour ago  » 
    Why can't I remotely set my Humax 2000 to record from anywhere in the country?

Please can you be more specific about the model is it an HDR-2000T (Freeview) or a DTR-T2000 (Youview)?

| Sun 4 Oct 2020 17:54:36 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Creda1

Sorry yes it's the youview model, I can't get to record remotely and may be it's because the unit goes into sleep mode, I can adjust the hours for it to be live before it sleeps, 13 is the max to be live then it sleeps until I press it back on again, but can't seem to keep the unit continually live....

| Sun 4 Oct 2020 19:08:14 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Creda1 - 14 mins ago  » 
    Sorry yes it's the youview model, I can't get to record remotely and may be it's because the unit goes into sleep mode, I can adjust the hours for it to be live before it sleeps, 13 is the max to be live then it sleeps until I press it back on again, but can't seem to keep the unit continually live....

What app are you using to try and set remote recordings?

| Sun 4 Oct 2020 19:23:44 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Creda1

There is only one app available and that's the BT TV one ad Humax have stopped theirs or BT bought Humax out, not sure there...but definitely it's the BT TV app I use ...

| Sun 4 Oct 2020 21:14:09 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Creda1 - 40 mins ago  » 
    There is only one app available and that's the BT TV one ad Humax have stopped theirs or BT bought Humax out, not sure there...but definitely it's the BT TV app I use ...

OK that is as far as I know the correct app. I am not a Youview user so I hope another member will be along to offer further advice.

| Sun 4 Oct 2020 21:55:24 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Creda1 - 16 hours ago  » 

Which sleep mode is your DTR-T2000 set to? In the power & standby menu it is called "Standby Mode".
    If you want to use the remote app then on your DTR-T2000 set "Standby Mode" to either "SMART" or "Always Ready". If you set to "SMART" then also check that the SMART's Deep Sleep hours do not include the times when you may want to use the remote app for setting recordings.

| Mon 5 Oct 2020 12:25:40 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Creda1

Thanks for reply, yes I can set the hourage for standby but can't set time of day, so if you set say standby in 12 hrs, it will switch off 12 hours from that point, example, it's 10am and you set for a 12 hour standby, in 12 hours which would be 10pm, so if you wanted to set a remote recording let's say at 11:30pm...are you saying it will not work

| Mon 5 Oct 2020 12:38:30 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Creda1 - 10 hours ago  » 
    Thanks for reply, yes I can set the hourage for standby but can't set time of day, so if you set say standby in 12 hrs, it will switch off 12 hours from that point, example, it's 10am and you set for a 12 hour standby, in 12 hours which would be 10pm, so if you wanted to set a remote recording let's say at 11:30pm...are you saying it will not work

Nope - that is not what I explained.
    The hours that it is in standby is irrelevant.

There is a separate setting for the type of standby. It is that you should first check. For more detail of the settings to check see my first reply.

| Mon 5 Oct 2020 23:35:27 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.